Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing one. A few friends own them, great reviews on line. Anybody have any experience with them? Or can recommend another rifle for the price core 15 can be bought for?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Thinking of purchasing one. A few friends own them, great reviews on line. Anybody have any experience with them? Or can recommend another rifle for the price core 15 can be bought for?

I have a cousin that bought one from a core rep at his LEO job and loves it. I have a firefighter buddy that bought the same exact model and Spec, and it was crap. Went to factory twice for burrs that caused live rounds to jamb in the chamber. Then when it came back, beat up and nasty, it didn't function well.
I have seen mixed reviews. I was considering the system, changed to Adams Arms.

·
Bugged out already
3,932 Posts
I have the Core 15 TAC M4, which is a completely different model. So I can't offer anything useful except that I think Core 15 makes good product based on my sample size of one. The scout model looks like its a solid entry level rile. I suggest comparing to the M&P and the entry model by Ruger at about the same price and see which one you like best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Had the core scout for 2 years. I feed it the cheapest ammo which happens to be steel case and it will cycle anything. It is accurate enough and not picky about mags

·
Tin Can Sailor
3,225 Posts
Well, since it is a semi-auto .223/5.56mm the Scout title has nothing to do with the Scout concept as envisioned by Cooper. It's just another AR-15.

·
More than .0001%
1,358 Posts
I've owed my Core 15 M4 Scout for less than a year. I've shot @500 rounds so far, which was a mix of different type reloads as well as factory rounds. So far, it has operated very good with no failure for feed and function, plus the accuracy has been very good but keep in mind the longest distance was only 100 yards. I've used Steel Vietnam era mags, aluminum mags and Magpul with no issues.

So far I've only ck'ed accuracy as a defense weapon, for center mass type/size targets. I also own a 90's era Bushmaster DCM that I used to shoot in NRA High Power matches. The Bushmaster was capable of slightly bigger than 0.5 MOA. This week I hope to find time to ck the M4 out using match grade ammo that I loaded with Sierra Matchking 69gr bullets. I realize it will not shoot as accurate as my Bushmaster but it will be interesting to see how it compares.

The M4 is well built and in my opinion a great value for the cost, especially considering it was less than $600. Normal retail is over $900, but Core15 takes a few guns (various models) to trade-shows several times a year and allow potential stores to test fire them. I just happened to be at their store when they had a few trade-show guns marked down due to 200-300 rounds fired at the show. As far as I was concerned they broke the gun in for me at their cost :)

I believe they will tell you if they have any trade-show sample guns available if you call them but I do not know if they only sell them locally (Ocala, Fl).

I also have a few friends who own one of their AR's but different models than mine. All are very satisfied...

Hope this helps.

http://www.core15.com/

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know the owner personally, i have one and it runs great, ive never had a problem out of mine it runs all ammo. The owner is a nice guy and always had great service there. Ive seen there guns i alot of different stores all over florida.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts