Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
121 - 140 of 1105 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't read through it all yet so I am not sure if it was mentioned yet but my grandfather made hidden compartments in the walls to hide his guns. Sorry no pictures. I plan on doing the same thing. I love this subject, lots of great ideas, back to reading it all now:thumb:

·
Preparing since 1972
5,612 Posts
This might be a bit off topic but it is a good idea for a bug out vehicle. A neighbor of my sister in Skokie was test driving her new bug out vehicle, while taking her dog for a walk :upsidedown:. If gas is unavailable and you find yourself with no means to travel this might be the best BOV out there. Why not use what must of us have at home?

If you are interested in this one you can go to their website to order one. http://caninecarriages.com/
Very nice............

·
Living To Ride
2,030 Posts
If it gets to that point I'm burying all my sh!t under the house or in the orchard...........
That idea worked great for folks during Katrina. Not.

Many of us live in our BOL. Day to day security is as much a concern as post SHTF security. While many of us have secure locations no place is impenetrable. I do not want to have home invaders, burglars, raiders to get to my supplies and arms, any more than I want the government in my stuff. A well designed and thought out stash spot is no more difficult or inconvenient for an authorized user to access than opening a closet. Definitely alot easier to access than some hole in the ground any one can see was recently dug up. You of course are free to be reactionary and wait. I believe in being prepared, which is why I am on this board to get ideas and share information with other like minded folks. Especially those who are actually doing something.
Thanks Sped Man for an excellent thread

·
Living To Ride
2,030 Posts
Any suggestions for what to put on the note?
Add a wireless cam with a internet feed. On the note
BUSTED Scumbag !! Who ever said criminals are not stupid has not met you.

Actually I like azb idea better, Don't let the moron know you know he is a moron. Maybe add something to the decoy safe to help bust them a dye bomb or GPS tracker

·
Sped Man
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Here are a couple of manufacturers of furniture that have incorporated concealed compartments in their furniture. Yes, the prices can be a bit scary.

This piece costs $2000

I have seen several reasonably priced sofas with hidden compartments. Here is one.

This is a nice bed that can probably be picked up at IKEA for a reasonable price. One thing though put some type of latch on it to stop it from opening up easily.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I would recommend the PVC Pipe Cache. What it is is a length of PVC Pipe, you figure out the diameter for guns, etc...and you buy two end caps , put those on, and bury the sucker way out in the woods or desert. You can make a few of these for food/weapons/etc...If you bury it good there is not much of a chance anyone is going to find it and it's protected from the weather as well.

·
Sped Man
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Breaking news in the UK...........This cat was caught trying to get into a food bunker. He is being held for questioning. Several other cats in the neighborhood will be rounded up for questioning. No pitbulls will be detained for obvious reasons :taped::upsidedown:.:rolleyes::D:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I heard of a guy many many years ago that lived out in the country and had a 55 gallon barrel of used motor oil on his back porch. He had several thousand dollars of coins in the bottom and they were covered by the used oil. Of course today, someone would probably steal the barrel for the used oil content!

After posting I was thinking if you made a false bottom round plate with maybe 3 or 4 two inch legs, you could put several handguns in that barrel, add the false bottom and then add the used motor oil. If anybody would probe in that barrel, they would hit the false bottom.......just a thought.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Something to think about when you are designing your secret bug out room or bug out vehicle or concealed storage unit.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-kno...dvocates-but-can-it-see-inside-your-car/3400/

Suggestion: line your compartments, walls, or whatever with lead paneling. If you have a better suggestion feel free to tell us.
wow thats total BS that they can do that....look at all the comments about radiation, anyone comment on if thats dangerous or not?

121 - 140 of 1105 Posts