Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet the liberal tears are still flowing fast and deep from that SCOTUS decision.

·
Listen to the ghosts
6,160 Posts
Needs far more of those $50,000 settlements- but they need to come out of the cop's, lawyer's and activist judge's personal wallets, not the taxpayers coffers.
I do believe that in a Section 1983 suit you can pierce their qualified immunity and sue the officers personally. It's a question of how the settlement is structured.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My state got rid of handgun permits about a year ago. The politicians said that any resident had the right to go OC or CC.except in government buildings. For the first couple of months if you went to Walmart, you'd see a dozen or so guys in there wearing their fake tactical gear like thigh holsters, web belts with ammo pouches, combat boots, you name it.
Now that the novelty has worn off, you never see guys dressed like that.
Similar scenario in the local camp grounds, both state and federal. Goofballs carrying ARs and wearing pistols while dressed in fake tactical gear would wander around the campgrounds in the middle of the night waking campers up and telling them that they were just doing a "security check."
When lots of campers started complaining, the wildlife cops started telling the idiots to leave the other campers alone, so some of the goofballs started complaining that the wildlife cops were interfering with their carry rights.
Stupidity and firearms don't mix well. Having the right to carry doesn't mean that you have the right to pester other people by playing cop/soldier.

·
1,865 Posts
I bet the liberal tears are still flowing fast and deep from that SCOTUS decision.

Not just liberals and not just in the north. I live in the southern Appalachian mountains and I have been boxed in by game wardens, surrounded by their trucks when they just thought I was hunting illegally even though I wasn’t. I was forced out of my truck and questioned at gunpoint because they thought I might have been poaching deer during deer season. They let me go after searching me and questioning me and searching my truck, all probably very illegally.

·
1,865 Posts
It depends upon the totality of the circumstances.

Game officers also have a broader discretion than your average cop on a city street.
The bad thing is one of the game wardens was not even from the state. He was brought in from out of state to help because they have had a problem hiring people locally and he was not even familiar with the different game laws here. He admitted that to me

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
They are indeed. Look at how NY reacted. After the Supreme Court decision, they basically passed laws overnight declaring that guns could not be carried in sensitive areas, even with a permit. Well they basically made everyplace a sensitive area. This is how tyranny works. Yet they do nothing to deter criminals.
As a NY hunter they didnt really change a thing and since NY is a CCW only state... dont believe just what you see In the headlines.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
As a NY hunter they didnt really change a thing and since NY is a CCW only state... dont believe just what you see In the headlines.
Sorry, I meant to refer to NYC. My fault for being vague. I know that there are quite a few sheriff's throughout NY that are quite 2A friendly. However I also know that I couldn't move back to NY state with my current gun collection.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Sorry, I meant to refer to NYC. My fault for being vague. I know that there are quite a few sheriff's throughout NY that are quite 2A friendly. However I also know that I couldn't move back to NY state with my current gun collection.
NYC is a total **** pit. The rest of the state is actualy very beautiful, friendly and rural.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I recall a few years (5?) back, before I left California, there was a story about BLM officers arresting and seizing ARs from some guys shooting out in the desert on BLM land. What BS.

It is high time we are able to sue individual officers, it might make them think twice about harassing law abiding folks and stick to chasing the criminals....

·
Registered
766 Posts
I recall a few years (5?) back, before I left California, there was a story about BLM officers arresting and seizing ARs from some guys shooting out in the desert on BLM land. What BS.

It is high time we are able to sue individual officers, it might make them think twice about harassing law abiding folks and stick to chasing the criminals....
The national park service pinecone police here in CA once took our guns because we dared to stop within their little kingdom to use the bathroom. Not hunting, not doing anything wrong, wasn't arrested, just had them with us. Had to pay a **** ton of $$$ to get them back.

·
Registered
17,216 Posts

A civil suit in federal court should affect the individual officers. As long as their bosses aren't leftist ....well, crap. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts