Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
They could read the Constitution every DAY, and what good would it do if they then turned around and ignored it, spat on it, continued with business as usual? People get so caught up in gestures they forget that gestures are ALL they are, and such things are meaningless unless those making them follow up. Before everyone starts celebrating the new day in America, let's see what this new Congress actually DOES, not what pretty speeches they make...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
What really burns me is that all three branches gives their own spin and "interpertation" the Constitution...instead of viewing it the way JAMES MADISON, the author of the Constitution, wrote it...and I would aver that his opinion is unimpeachable!

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
What really burns me is that all three branches gives their own spin and "interpertation" the Constitution...instead of viewing it the way JAMES MADISON, the author of the Constitution, wrote it...and I would aver that his opinion is unimpeachable!
So you are cool with women not voting and slaves, because that is the way it was when it was written.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
So you are cool with women not voting and slaves, because that is the way it was when it was written.
NO...of course not. That's why there are Amendments...add-ons. However, the basic intent...LIMITING the Powers of Government, and the INTENT of the Founders recognizing the rights of man (used generically) is not open to debate. The Founders knew what was inherently right and what was just plain wrong regarding Governmental Powers...and quite wisely they uttered in stone, so-to-speak, what everyone knew but either were afraid to vocalize, or otherwise "label". For example, if I saw that your rights were being violated, it is not up to me to tell you so...it is up to you to recognize and know, that YOUR RIGHTS ARE/WERE violated. I'm sure during the Founding and Establishing of this Rebublic, that the question of "slavery" came up, but at the time it was more important to establish the republic and, as Franklin stated, "We'll leave the question of slavery to future generations to figure out". I stand by my statement that the oipnion of James Madison, the author of the U.S. Constitution, is unimpeachable and NOT open to interpertation. We cannot possibly THINK we know what he, or any author truly MEANT in any of their writings. Fortunately Madison's writings and deliberations have been preserved in the Archives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our Constitution

Any honest reading of the Constitution forces one to accept the fact it was written to create a central government with limited powers. Government truly has only one power. That is the power to take away liberty. We the people gave our government the power to take away our liberty to murder, to steal etc. Fearing the power of government We the people sought to limit its power. Those powers not specifically granted the federal governmenet are reserved to the states or the people therein. There are dishonest arguements designed to grant the federal government greater power than the constitution allows. They are dishonest because they are designed to serve an arguement, rather than discover truth.

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
now comes the fun of it all... to make sure those there actually follow it...and that they do not make dumb ass statements like....pelosi did when asked about a constitutional issue that she was doing being legal or not... her response was... "Are you serious?"

Now enforce it to the letter and make all parties follow letter of law...

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Hopefully by continual reading of the Constitution and requiring that relevant portions be read as bills are introduced, debated, and voted upon, more citizens will be encouraged to read and gain an understanding of it.

If that happens, hopefully there will be a greater overall understanding of the Constitution and a greater appreciation for the freedom and liberty it provides each of us.

·
Simply, an AMERICAN...
5,477 Posts
now comes the fun of it all... to make sure those there actually follow it...and that they do not make dumb ass statements like....pelosi did when asked about a constitutional issue that she was doing being legal or not... her response was... "Are you serious?"

Now enforce it to the letter and make all parties follow letter of law...
THIS is the key. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I think it ought to be read at least one time a month as a reminder of what they are and what their responsibilities are and where they are...
I agree. I would also like to see Barrack at least "mention" it from time to time as well. Wow, just imagine, President Obama reading the Constitution instead of referring to it as an "outdated" article. Maybe if he could download it onto his ipod he would at least listen to parts of it now and then between the rap music which he admitted to enjoying....unreal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.