Survivalist Forum banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Film495 the honda 350 has simple systems and points ignition, plus at one time they were the most sold bike in the usa. Now a lot of old farts have restored them so parts are still around.
The whole subject of what motorcycle to use for teotewoki is not exclusionary. Yes a small trail bike will go anywhere and you can carry it over the worst parts or float it across rivers on a small raft, bigger bikes will haul bigger people and bigger loads and still ride between the endless lines of stopped or abandoned cars. E bikes are cool but they are expensive for me and some have strange charging requirements. The small add on engines for bicycles are cheap (125$ for the kit and a yard sale bike) but finicky. I also have 4 wheel tandem bikes i build and no one has mentioned home built sidecars, handy to haul stuff and you can have someone ride shotgun.

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Vehicle
Wheel Tire Window Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
685 Posts
So if times are bad, have a wire cutter a ways out front on your motorcycle to save your neck/head.
watch how Steve McQueen got his bike in the "Great Escape". I have played around with the idea of a wire cutter like one sees on the front of some jeeps. A long time ago we ran then on the front of jeeps on maneuvers at Graffenwer in Germany. That old commo wire could accidently be off the ground and ruin your day.

·
reluctant sinner
18,907 Posts
I saw a M-60 tank paralyzed by about a half mile of commo wire the driver thought it would be fun to tear up. I'd bet it took him a half a day with a fire ax and ***** to clear the tracks.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts