Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Gun Designs

I am a huge fan of Sig. I have 2 P229s in .40 and a P239 in .40. I read in several places that after Katrina the only ammo you could find on the gulf coast was 9mm. So I am going to get a 9mm for my next gun. I am interested in the P250. I would get a .40 barrel and a 9mm. That way I can have one more gun in my favorite chambering and just convert to 9mm if that is all I have available. Also I could by a .45acp slide and barrel cheaper that a new gun. I like the sound of three guns for the price of one and a half.

All of this sounds to me like a great idea. However, the concept of a removable triger assembly in an unproven and radical new handgun does not give me the confidence I have in old tried and true designes. But if it works the first time and EVERY time I'm good with it.

What are some of your thoughts on new gun designs that have not spent a couple of decades in the trenches to highlite every failing?-Jay

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Be aware that the 40 extractor and the 9 are not the same. The 40and the 357 SIG will work by changing barrels and they both use the same mag. I too love the SIG weapons and would recommend you look at the refurbished 226 in 9MM. It is a great buy and mags are easy to come by. Just bought 500 rounds of 9MM this week for $100 here in my area. Look for bargains.

If you do look at the SIg 225 German police trade in guns be sure you get one that has been refurbished completey. Be prepared to work on the sites. They are different than the other sigs. Very good gun. As to the new 250s I have not shot one yet.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Oh, yea... Try to find some non Promag 225/P6 magazines...

I got some from a recient shipment, but they are somewhat rare, and probably will remain that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts