Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
How large? If you have room, get some fruit and nut trees. Also, I see you live on planet Earth, but if you could be a bit more specific, we might tell you what would grow best in your area...

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How large? If you have room, get some fruit and nut trees. Also, I see you live on planet Earth, but if you could be a bit more specific, we might tell you what would grow best in your area...
Its about 25 foot by 22 feet.
My latitude is about 53 degrees in the Northern Hemisphere.
Average Winter temperature outside is 4 degrees.
Average Summer temperature outside is 16 degrees.
The conservatory is typically 12 degrees warmer than outside.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
hmmm...your winter temps are a bit warmer than mine and your summer a bit cooler, but it sounds more like the west coast than the east where I live, so... judging by what I grew when I lived in B.C., I'd say you could grow tomatoes very well, as well as some of the longer-season crops.

Also, try growing stevia as well.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not heard of Stevia before. Just looked it up. How do you get the sugar like 'stuff'
out of it?

·
Molōn Labe!
673 Posts
Easiest way is to create a tincture of it inside alcohol and then strain out the solids. Alternatively, you could dehydrate the leaves, crumble them up, and sift out the white powder from the non-steviocides.. I'd say a liquid tincture is easier, especially considering that you can readily purchase the powder form in bulk or single packages for drinks.

See

and

1 - 6 of 6 Posts