Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Trust but verify
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been watching on television and reading a lot about Operation Fast and Furious. Maybe some of you have been following it too?

I caught this article link in an email so I posted it below and incensed enough to create this survey.

I figure that if Mr. Holder were a General of the Army, he couldn’t stand before congress and say that he possibly couldn’t know what everyone or department below him was doing. Generals are responsible for their officer’s actions. Although Holder isn’t a General to me he should still be accountable as he the top of our Justice Department regardless if he knew about this or not. I read somewhere too that his lieutenants involved in OF&F were promoted and retired-out; isn’t that interesting. A Law officer died and possible other as a result from this. This affair is well over the top to me. What do you think?
`````````````````````````````````````
List of Congressmen Calling for Holder’s Resignation Continues to Grow
December 26, 2011

(GunReports.com) -- Attorney General Eric Holder remains embroiled in controversy over the highly publicized and ill-fated “Operation Fast and Furious.”

When NRA-ILA reported on this issue on December 9, 52 U.S. Representatives, two U.S. Senators, and multiple GOP Presidential candidates had called on Attorney General Eric Holder to resign as a result of the scandalous “Fast and Furious” operation. As of December 22, at least 90 congressmen have either signed Rep. Paul Gosar's (R-Ariz.) "no confidence" (in Holder) resolution or believe he should quit.

According to a December 20 article in The Daily Caller, Gosar's “no confidence” resolution alleges that Holder’s actions have proven he is not "competent, trustworthy and beyond reproach," and that he has sought to "cover up" mistakes rather than cooperate with Congress "in disclosing the events and circumstances and transparently addressing the issues."

The article further notes that, including Gosar, there are 81 members of Congress who no longer trust Holder to continue to hold office, and 60 congressmen have now demanded that Holder resign. Between the two lists, which don't perfectly overlap, there are now at least 90 members of the House who don't approve of Holder.

In addition to the 60 congressmen, two U.S. Senators, all of the top GOP presidential candidates and two sitting governors have demanded that Holder resign.

NRA has also called for Holder’s resignation. In fact, NRA-ILA has prepared a video that all freedom-loving Americans need to watch showing that Holder's actions prove he can't be trusted with the sanctity of our freedoms, the powers of his office, or the lives of our law enforcement officers.

Source: http://www.gunreports.com/news/news...-1.html?ET=gunreports:e1151:186658a:&st=email

Watch the video
“On the phone” with Rep. James Sensenbrenner R- Wisconsin
Sensenbrenner says this is an “Eric Holder classic CYA Operation”.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
The next time he says that one of the two should happen: (maybe both)

Have an elder congressman on the committee remind him of a similar guns deal in the 80s under reagan and those guys were all WHITE answering the same questions

or

Walk over, bitch slap his ass.

I like #2 better

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
The actions were not inept or bad decisions, they were criminal in nature.

Prediction: By mid Febuary to March, Obozo will fire him in an attempt to put the issue to rest just about the time the Rep. primaries are ending.
I agree Obie will distance himself from Holder and more than likely will eventually fire him, but not so much to put an end to the controversy, but so ole Obie can play the "plausible deniability card." You know, "I didn't know nothing about illegal guns being sent across the border to the drug cartels, cause I was too busy trying to let all Mexico's "Illegal Resource Hogs" into our country to notice" :cool:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If I may toss another log on the fire...what Holder, Corzine...even Madoff have done is far worse than anything done by NIXON and his band of MERRY MEN. Abramoff was questionably sent to the "JOINT" due to a FEDERAAL FISHING TRIP. If...IF...that...THING in the WHITEHOUSE gets "re-erected" (in order to screw us harder), or not, and IF there may be rapid justice applied, EXPECT A FULL PRESIDENTAL PARDON...along with TAXPAYER-FUNDED BENEFITS to the "AGGRIEVED" Party(s).

The real JUSTICE (oxymoron) would be, since they violated sooo many laws, CONSTITUTIONAL as well as others and the ramifications caused by their slimy attempts to circumvent same, perhaps they should be stripped of ALL of their worldly possessions, including their "innocent" families and ANY entity or individual who may have benefitted from their misdeeds, and BANISHED FOREVER from THE REPUBLIC. Really, enough is enough. Place of said banishment...hmmm...somewhere in the CENTER of ANTARCTICA! I am NOT being facetious. Besides, it's marginally more humane than hot tar and feathers. AND THEY have the nerve to label us as TERRORISTS!!!

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
If I may toss another log on the fire...what Holder, Corzine...even Madoff have done is far worse than anything done by NIXON and his band of MERRY MEN. Abramoff was questionably sent to the "JOINT" due to a FEDERAAL FISHING TRIP. If...IF...that...THING in the WHITEHOUSE gets "re-erected" (in order to screw us harder), or not, and IF there may be rapid justice applied, EXPECT A FULL PRESIDENTAL PARDON...along with TAXPAYER-FUNDED BENEFITS to the "AGGRIEVED" Party(s).

The real JUSTICE (oxymoron) would be, since they violated sooo many laws, CONSTITUTIONAL as well as others and the ramifications caused by their slimy attempts to circumvent same, perhaps they should be stripped of ALL of their worldly possessions, including their "innocent" families and ANY entity or individual who may have benefitted from their misdeeds, and BANISHED FOREVER from THE REPUBLIC. Really, enough is enough. Place of said banishment...hmmm...somewhere in the CENTER of ANTARCTICA! I am NOT being facetious. Besides, it's marginally more humane than hot tar and feathers. AND THEY have the nerve to label us as TERRORISTS!!!
LOL I agree with everything on your rant except that their families should be punished. Their wives and kids can't control what their husbands do. Of course if the guilty get sent to Antarctica then their family will be down here with the rest of us peons. No more lavish trips or parties or expensive shoes, clothes and toys. Then they might learn some real life lessons.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
LOL I agree with everything on your rant except that their families should be punished. Their wives and kids can't control what their husbands do. Of course if the guilty get sent to Antarctica then their family will be down here with the rest of us peons. No more lavish trips or parties or expensive shoes, clothes and toys. Then they might learn some real life lessons.
I understand your thoughts. However, these...CRIMINALS...invariably hide behind their famlies who ALSO receive great benefit, and gleefully accept the "RESPONSIBILITY" of PROTECTIONISM of ill-gotten gains...whatever they may be. There is ALWAYS a payoff in some shape or form...therefore, CO-CONSPIRATORS. They most assuredly benefitted greatly from the shenanigans, so...QUE SERA SERA. Screwing people out of hard-earned monies is one thing...BLATANT VIOLATION AND DISREGARD of a sworn oath to PROTECT AND DEFEND the CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC in order to satisfy a "PERSONAL AGENDA" demands nothing less...what they have done is as vile as gang-raping their own mother.

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts
I understand your thoughts. However, these...CRIMINALS...invariably hide behind their famlies who ALSO receive great benefit, and gleefully accept the "RESPONSIBILITY" of PROTECTIONISM of ill-gotten gains...whatever they may be. There is ALWAYS a payoff in some shape or form...therefore, CO-CONSPIRATORS. They most assuredly benefitted greatly from the shenanigans, so...QUE SERA SERA. Screwing people out of hard-earned monies is one thing...BLATANT VIOLATION AND DISREGARD of a sworn oath to PROTECT AND DEFEND the CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC in order to satisfy a "PERSONAL AGENDA" demands nothing less...what they have done is as vile as gang-raping their own mother.
Ouch! LOL Yeah they benefited. And yes there are some women who attach themselves to men with power. You know what they are called. But the men are also ho's to TPTB. I have been poor all my life and had to stuggle but learned some good life lessons and I thought love for humanity but it's getting hard. So much hate and dog eat dog. And even if I won the lottery I would probably make a place for unwanted children and animals. I would never give to an organized so called charity. It all goes into someone's pocket. And yes, what will be will be.

·
Bad Moon Rising
8,906 Posts
The real issue behind many other decisions that have come to light with respect to "Operation Fast & Furious" is the unmitigated arrogance of the Obama Administration at large, with Eric Holder at the pinnacle, and the BATF in particular.

I don't know whether the operation was truly conceived as a broad anti-gun conspiracy, as the NRA alleges, or was simply a poor decision at numerous levels. Either way, it clearly got out of hand. Instead of saying "oops we screwed the pooch", we get cover-ups and "the dog ate my homework" - and this is from some of the highest offices in the US government.

The outcome reflects poorly on DOJ/BATF federal management at all levels, and the response - more than the actual initiative itself - clearly is perceived by Americans in many different walks of life as an integrity violation and a clearly self-serving, hypocritical, attempt to avoid responsibility.

Americans in general and our sworn law enforcement officers in particular deserve better than this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Uhm, I vote for Eric Holder to Be

Drawn and Quartered
He is guilty, Had 1st hand knowledge of the operation and it was a ploy for gun control,
that cost the lives of 3 american citizens, The families of the fallen deserve respect Holder cant seem to give, for the self rightiuos brady campaign,
Guilty of treason to the constitution.

If any of us had thought up this pathitic campaign,would you expect anyless????
This self-rightious ass needs to be accountable. I say go midevil on his pompuse ass.

We as american people have grown to sympathetic to the guilty.
A Drawn and Quarter is in order here per the constitution for treason.
Any personn that deflectes this many questions is guiltyof 1st hand knowledge. He deserves a bullet. NO LESS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts