Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No Apology Southerner
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fairly long history of posting on the FS forum under my first name - "Stephen". I decided to change and post under the name ConfederateColonel for a couple of reasons:

1) It distinguishes me from anyone else who might have the same first name.
2) It is fairly distinctive in itself.
3) It is the same name as my own forum (on a different topic than this forum's topic).

I am 55 years old and own a software business that I founded in 1995. I produce the software that political candidates in 4 different states use to electronically file their campaign finance reports with the state. I also do some political database work for campaigns. I got into this by being a candidate myself, and then working on the staff of other political campaigns. That said, it is my intention to NOT post to any political issue threads. I have learned (the hard way) that it is usually pointless and creates division that diverts us from what a survival/preparedness board is about - sharing information about preparedness.

I founded and maintain the Adjutant Briefing web site that has become a rather popular place to get a quick snapshot of potential threats and hazards.

I am a saved, born-again Christian, and that shapes and molds every aspect of my life. Another major factor in my life is the support of Southern culture and working to promote and encourage the code of the Southern Gentleman.

I am happily married to a wonderful woman who fully supports our family preparedness. In fact, when we married, she brought with her a good supply of storage food, solar panels, a well-stocked gun safe, and other preparedness items.

I am richly blessed.

ConfederateColonel

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Hey and welcome From S.E. Ga.

Glad to meet ya!

Reactions: ConfederateColonel

·
No Apology Southerner
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome, dayliterun! That's beautiful country around there. Some of the best quail hunting to be had anywhere in the world.

ConfederateColonel

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Howdy CC. Glad you made it (or returned?). Like the name and the Confederacy. Robert E. Lee was won of the greatest leaders of all time.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
welcome from the republic of Texas
great site with loads of info and fine folks
dig in and enjoy

·
Pastor
1,965 Posts
Glad you are here !!
I was a cracker forever, or is that I am just missplaced?
on another note, does your wife have a sister ?
If so, send pictures of the guns ;)

·
1,794 Posts
Hope you don't mind a "welcome" from a Yankee! It appears that I am the first one to do so. You must have scared the other ones off. Jus kid'n Colonel. Doesn't matter under which name you have returned, it matters that you have, in fact, returned. Maybe "welcome back" would be more appropriate.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good to "see" you again. Welcome!

We met at a couple of the FS Florida camp outs.

Do you still have that neat bicycle?

When I want world info, I keep your site in my favorites.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
That said, it is my intention to NOT post to any political issue threads. I have learned (the hard way) that it is usually pointless and creates division that diverts us from what a survival/preparedness board is about - sharing information about preparedness.
Not your intention to get political? Yet you come here with a name like "ConfederateColonel" and expect not to get political, that's rich. I think that is exactly your intention, along with endorsing your fledgeling website.Well you hit the jackpot here,and will have no problem recruiting fellow Neo-confederates on this board, because it is boiling over with them. I took a gander at your site ,just to get a perspective ,and I found pretty much what I expected. While I'm sure you will emphatically deny being a racist, and it's not my place to call you such ,certainly you can understand why blacks and other minorities are intimidated and angered by the confederate flag and it's storied history. And I fully believe that southern whites enjoy flaunting that intimidation under the guise of "white southern pride". But since you are a "born again Christian" , you cannot possibly have a racist bone in your body ,otherwise you would just be a delusional hypocrite, right?

In closing , I want to make it perfectly clear ,that I think you have the right to your opinions ,however I will probably disagree with 99% of them ,which is my right to do so.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Not your intention to get political? Yet you come here with a name like "ConfederateColonel" and expect not to get political, that's rich. I think that is exactly your intention, along with endorsing your fledgeling website.Well you hit the jackpot here,and will have no problem recruiting fellow Neo-confederates on this board, because it is boiling over with them. I took a gander at your site ,just to get a perspective ,and I found pretty much what I expected. While I'm sure you will emphatically deny being a racist, and it's not my place to call you such ,certainly you can understand why blacks and other minorities are intimidated and angered by the confederate flag and it's storied history. And I fully believe that southern whites enjoy flaunting that intimidation under the guise of "white southern pride". But since you are a "born again Christian" , you cannot possibly have a racist bone in your body ,otherwise you would just be a delusional hypocrite, right?

In closing , I want to make it perfectly clear ,that I think you have the right to your opinions ,however I will probably disagree with 99% of them ,which is my right to do so.
WOW, who is the "racist" now? Yep thought so.

Welcome to the community Stephen, don't give up in your quest for knowledge due to the ignorance of a select few. Survival is for everyone, unfortunately that includes the ignorant. :)

·
No Apology Southerner
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My thanks to (almost) all for the warm welcome. No problem, ApocNow - you're entitled to your opinions. I will point out that you clearly didn't look past the photo of the Confederate Flag - either that or you just skipped over anything that might conflict with your prejudice. Your call though. This forum has an "ignore" feature. I'll be using it for you and you might want to do the same for me - just so we don't get on each other's nerves. If you want to argue, you'll need to find someone else. I came to this forum specifically because I want nothing to do with those who make personal attacks.

By the way, I know what "Southern hospitality" means. I am not convinced that insulting a new member in the New Member Introduction forum is called "Northern hospitality" despite the Ohio location. I know too many polite Northerners to believe that.

Confederate Colonel

·
No Apology Southerner
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to "see" you again. Welcome!

We met at a couple of the FS Florida camp outs.

Do you still have that neat bicycle?

When I want world info, I keep your site in my favorites.
Thanks, Ammo!

You mean this bicycle?

Confederate Colonel

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
Welcome Col. pay no attention to Apoc. now. I think he's just fishing for a fight. There are many great people on this forum, and I'm sure you'll find it hospitable here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts