Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
It's not a trolling question.
Condoms are pretty common in the desert survival courses for water containment.
They are also used to secure your gear from the elements..... not that gear you freaks!
Ask any soldier or Marine who has done desert or tropical survival training.
Don't ask a sailor.... that's not what they use them for. And birth control ain't it either. :upsidedown:
Air force guys make party hats out of them.
Like Dwind said it's not a great way to carry water.
Unless you have something with rigid side to carry the full condom in(there's a reversal for ya)it's highly prone to poppage.
If you did choose that route make sure you get un-lubricated condoms with no spermicide in them.
Never met a woman yet who liked the taste of a freshly unwrapped boner buffet ala spermicide so I can't think it would make the water tasty either.......
Brother Buck,

This guy has been trolling all day albiet very subtley. In his question he asks about enjoying buying the condoms (but cannot use them because of his religion) then going to the checkout line with the hot chick working it because she will think he is "getting some."

In another post, he asks if he can eat oleander yet his profile said he was a wilderness edible expert.

In a gun thread, he went all religious on us and in the flooding thread, he advises us to stay away from the water because it is "damp". Just calling a spade a spade Brother Buck.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I seccond that x4...:thumb:
Indeed.. You have been to the field. :thumb:

Furthermore they are great to keep stuff airtight and dry, cover your muzzle from water and dirt, use as sterile wound dressings, makeshift surgical gloves, protection from bacteria and infections, covering a punctured lung.

Did I say that an entire pack weighs next to nothing?

·
Watchful and Hopeful
122 Posts
wouldnt rubber gloves do to same stuff guys? just make sure you get the ones that dont have the powder in them? you could cut the fingers off of the gloves for muzzle covers, and do all the rest with them and they might be a little stronger than rubbers.
But, they won't do one thing the condoms can. Well, unless you do it funny.:D:

Also, they don't have the same degree of strechablilty as a condom. And compaired to condoms, surgical grade gloves are costly. But, I agree we should all have gloves in our preps and PLB's. So if you gottem' us 'em. Well, except for funny sex. If you need gloves for that odds are you just shouldn't.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
wouldnt rubber gloves do to same stuff guys? just make sure you get the ones that dont have the powder in them? you could cut the fingers off of the gloves for muzzle covers, and do all the rest with them and they might be a little stronger than rubbers.
They will, but they are not packed in sterile packs in a neat little brief. But rubber gloves are well worth bringing. Considering the weight one can actually go crazy and bring both.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Do any of you pack condoms in your BOB? Are there any practical uses for condoms in a survival situation, like water collection or something?

I enjoy buying condoms and would like to find a use for them. My religious beliefs preclude me from using them (no birth control) but I still like to buy them. Go to walmart or the drug store, get some, find the checkout lane with the hot chick. You know she's thinking I'm getting some. It's an awesome feeling. Maybe she'd like to get some too. Know what I'm saying? :thumb:
Ewww. No. I don't like the taste of laytex in my water. That and have you ever tried filling one up without water pressure from, say, a faucet? LOL

Why do you care and go out of your way to make the Walbastard checkout gal think you're 'getting some'?

21 - 40 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.