Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
I carry the non-lubed ones. I took a nasty fall and cut my hand pritty bad in a sharp stick one year in a cannoe trip up north. It was myself and two ther guys but we were too far in to pack out so i reached for my PLB but it wasent in my pouch, they later found it somewhere down stream...lol.

I'm positive that it saved me from some serious infection.

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
A few years ago I cut off the end of my left fore finger. The hospital dressed the wound and said don't get it wet for a few weeks. So I stopped by the drug store and ordered a box of extra large condoms (the regular or large size wouldn't fit over the bandages). I would roll one over my finger and then take a shower without getting the bandage wet. Also, you can put one over your rifle muzzle to keep rain out, and if you have to fire real fast, you can just shoot right through it without hurting anything.
while it is true that they make great muzzle protectors, there are much cheeper alternative products made specificaly for that.

Just thought i'd share so we dont have people spending $100 a month for condoms...

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Don't forget that if you run out of condoms you can always fall back on the really old fashion remedy of using sheep intestines with a knot tied in the end.

Of course the intestines should be out side of the sheep... i would imagine they get a bit miffed when you stick your weapons in them while they are still alive (unless your into that kinda thing, in which case just keep that info to yourself please).

...i think thats almost beastiality. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.