Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[QUESTION RESOLVED!]

Just curious, will the Hi-Point 9mm conceal reasonably in the SmartCarry holster or would a smaller pistol be necessary?

I'm just considering a future purchase (a few years from now) and since I've heard good things about the C9's reliability and it costs at least $100 less than any other decent compact pistol, I thought it might be good for CC if it's not too big.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
you have to consider your build as well as the gun and the holster, what works on one person doesnt necessarily mean it will work on the next. I can conceal large framed revolvers, other people have problems concealing small autos...

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
You are a gun snob.

Anyway. I think you will have a hard time concealing the Hi Point, especially at 5'4" and 115 lbs. Well maybe not, maybe if you are female and the 115 lbs are distributed in the right places.

Hi Points are big heavy and chunky. you may want to consider a light weight revolver, a 380, or a compact 9mm.

:D:
Friends dont let friends buy hi-points

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I am not a big Glock guy but I have to tell you that some of the new Ultra compact Glocks would be a better choice for you. THe Hi Point is way to big to conceal. You can find a good 9 MM in a compact version that will fit you. Less weight too.

Remember, cheap is not always the best first consideration in buying a gun. you want quality in a weapon you are going to trust your life to.

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
You are a gun snob.

Anyway. I think you will have a hard time concealing the Hi Point, especially at 5'4" and 115 lbs. Well maybe not, maybe if you are female and the 115 lbs are distributed in the right places.

Hi Points are big heavy and chunky. you may want to consider a light weight revolver, a 380, or a compact 9mm.

:D:
The only thing good about a hi-point is that when it epic-fails you can club your enemy to death with it.

Something I cant do with my glock...

;)

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
more like a matchbox than a 1911
Matchbox? that strange, I have three glocks. A 23 gen2 with a round count of over 50k, a 17 gen2 with a round count of over 75k, an a 26 gen3 with a round count of only 1k. None of them have ever sounded like a matchbox ...

Come to think of it, of all the glocks I've been around, in the course/classes I've done. None have ever sounded like matchboxes. I'm curious if Suarez, Yeager, or AndyS has a "matchbox" sounding glock. Bet they dont and havent ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts