Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Good thing for her he split, because if he actually attacked her and beat her within an inch of death and she ended up finally shooting him to save her life, she might be locked up right now..

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some states would still try to revoke her permit after this incident, just because.

But good for her!

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I think the knife would have made it self defense.
Good thing for her he split, because if he actually attacked her and beat her within an inch of death and she ended up finally shooting him to save her life, she might be locked up right now..

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some states would still try to revoke her permit after this incident, just because.

But good for her!

·
Registered
265 Posts
That article doesn't say much about the woman but it's possible she's a wife and a mother and her family will be able to spend Christmas with her instead of mourning. I've had a sister and a niece raped and the a$$holes got away with it completely and there is no telling if the perps raped anybody else. Who knows what all the perps in the OP were going to do to her but it's good that she was prepared for her SHTF moment.

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
From the comments....
Our constitution states that the right of the people to keep (possess) and bear (carry) arms shall not be infringed. Marbury v. Madison (1803) decided that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and that any law that contradicts the Constitution is null and void. "The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void and ineffective for any purpose since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it; an unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed ... An unconstitutional law is void." (16 American Jurisprudence 2d, Sec. 178)

I would have to agree on that point...

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Being a ARMED gaurd for eight years, the one of the first things they drill in to your head in training is the person with a knife is within 21 feet, don't wait till the knife is plunged in to your chest! SHOOT!

A man with a knife can cover 21 feet in less time than any man can pull his holsered pistol. So once they broke the the 21 foot barrier we were instucted to shoot the target until it was done and it's court defensable.

Had it been me I would give the man an early Christmas gift of two cartridges in his pear tree!!! Take that back to Oklahoma!! :eek::eek::eek:

Rifleman 336

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
How do you think those guys would of responded to pepper spray instead? I don't carry one in the car, but I have it for hunting. Due to my job and the city I work in concealed carry isn't an option for me.

I agree with that 21 foot statement. A lot of people have guns, but most are afraid to use them. I'd definitely flinch myself. Heck, I cant even shoot a deer, squirrel, or rabbit if it's too small.

·
Pray for our troops
440 Posts
face the threat,if necessary shoot to defend your life,far too many people have delayed, and then payed the price.To get a CCW most states require classes,is that correct.?I'm thinking about it.

·
Guardian of Liberty
435 Posts
Everyone keeps saying what the woman should have done for a better result, lets simply remember that she didn't kill anyone and doesn't have the trauma that can be associated with shooting someone. Given the outcome i would have to say her reaction was PERFECT. She got her gun out and ready and didn't need to use it any more than that. I agree it would have been justified to shoot the guy, but thankfully she didn't and they were able to be put in jail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.