Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
So, someone steals your tag and puts it on a blue chevy and then robs a bank. I snap a photo with your stolen plate on it. Do you seriously want the cops doing a raid at 4 in the morning, thinking you are the robber?
well criminals don't sleep and they don't know if your tags were stolen or if you used them yourselves UNTIL they check it out. that's why they check up on stuff like that ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
BUT, say one makes your spider sense tingle

ie - driven by a Black guy. That's been the problem - cops disproportionally targeting Blacks for this sort of crap. If they hadn't been doing this for decades, then we wouldn't need these new laws.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,859 Posts
IN MINNEAPOLIS...

You cannot make this stuff up.

From Star Tribune editorial page... it is a paid site so... but Minneapolis does such bizarre crap I keep track of it.

I will give you the highlights and gist..

"The Ramsey County Attorney's Office is taking decisive action to end police traffic stops for low-level traffic violations — a practice that has had a disproportionately negative impact on people of color. No longer will the office take cases when the sole reason for the stop is for issues such as a single busted taillight or expired tabs.

It's a smart, fair move that's been a long time coming.It will reduce the number of Black people and other people of color being disproportionately stopped over minor vehicle equipment violations. Both Philando Castile in 2016 and Daunte Wright earlier this year were pulled over for minor vehicle equipment violations and ended up dead at the hands of police.

Under the new policy, the county attorney's office will no longer prosecute most felony cases in which a driver is pulled over for a minor infraction (such as an equipment violation) so that cops can seek evidence of a more serious crime."

SO.. as a long time officer this is what it does

Someone breaks into a house and is seen leaving in a blue Chevrolet. LOTS of blue chevys out there so which one...
and just based upon description alone you can't just stop every blue chevy, BUT, say one makes your spider sense tingle you pull in behind it and see tail light out, bad plate, etc, any VALID reason to pull so everything you get after that is fair game.
but,
in Minni, nope, crook gets to run free so long as he doesn't speed or drive recklessly
And
A lot of crimes will not be solved and a lot of victims are shuffled in behind the idea you do not want to hurt the feelings of someone breaking the law.

SO
if I read the article right,
IF the cop does stop for an equipment vio, finds the driver is the crook seen coming out of the house with the money and computers and such... HE WILL NOT BE PROSECUTED for violating the VICTIM'S rights and stealing that person's property.

Way to go Prosecutor, way to protect the people from the criminals....
Moral of the story: Stay the hell out of Minneapolis and other American cesspools of like kind (Seattle, Portland, LA, Chicago, San Fran, etc.). Let these bastions of crime and filth implode upon themselves. May they burn and may their leaders burn with them.

I feel sorry for any normal folks or hard-working business owners still trapped in those war zones but many of you voted for Demoncrats so you shouldn't be shocked by what you're experiencing. If you haven't learned by now that Liberalism/Marxism is a mental disorder then you're a slow learner.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
34,859 Posts

ie - driven by a Black guy. That's been the problem - cops disproportionally targeting Blacks for this sort of crap. If they hadn't been doing this for decades, then we wouldn't need these new laws.
Boo hoo. Take a look at the FBI crime statistics. Young, black males commit the vast majority of violent crimes in the USA (regardless of city or state). If they didn't "disproportionally" commit the vast majority of crimes then they wouldn't "disproportionally" be stopped for committing them.

·
In Peace as in War
690 Posts
Moral of the story: Stay the hell out of Minneapolis and other American cesspools of like kind (Seattle, Portland, LA, Chicago, San Fran, etc.)...
+1. I moved away from the city thirty years ago and we avoid them like the plague (which, given the sanitary conditions in most large cities I’m sure is coming). When we’re RVing we do our best to bypass the larger cities. About half this country seem comfortable wallowing in that squalor but we’ll pass. I don’t even want any of my discretionary income helping to fund those third world dumps.

·
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
11,386 Posts

So instead of advocating that young black men stop violating the law, your solution is to do away with the law and tie the hands of law enforcement where they can't do their jobs. Thereby making it safer for everyone including you and your loved ones? Not saying this is what you mean but that is the way I read your post. If I am mistaken, please end my confusion by explaining. Thank you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
So instead of advocating that young black men stop violating the law, your solution is to do away with the law and tie the hands of law enforcement where they can't do their jobs. Thereby making it safer for everyone including you and your loved ones? Not saying this is what you mean but that is the way I read your post. If I am mistaken, please end my confusion by explaining. Thank you.
You are not alone in reading that from his post...

·
Registered
363 Posts

correct if they (black dudes) hadn't been more criminal for DECADES, then we wouldn't have this issue...

making laws to be "politically correct" against black dudes because they are are WAY more criminal than everyone else... that is pure BS... IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME, DON'T DO THE CRIME...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Umm blacks happen to commit a disproportionate percentage of crime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Born 120 years too late.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
TO ADD to this..
the Hennipin County sheriff has now decided they will no longer notify the feds when they have an "undocumented..read illegal alien, in custody when it comes time to release. The fact the person is in the country illegally is no longer a concern for local law enforcement...

·
Born 120 years too late.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So, someone steals your tag and puts it on a blue chevy and then robs a bank. I snap a photo with your stolen plate on it. Do you seriously want the cops doing a raid at 4 in the morning, thinking you are the robber?
WELL, CONTRARY to some folks beliefs the cops do not do knee jerk reaction quite like that.
OK, someone stole your plate and used it in a robbery.
what are the odds that they put the plate on the exact same make and model veh that it came from?
so, they do the robbery, when the picture is taken it will also have the getaway car in it. Will the paints match up?
There is along with it a description of both the car and the robber(s)
the plate is run.
for the sake of argument, the bank robbers are described as 2- 5'8" white males looking to be in their 20s.

The plate is run, it comes back to a different blue chevy with your name attached to it.
they run your name.. you are a male, with NO criminal history, and the description definitely does not fit the robbers. BUT, even if it did... your history does not fit. there are very few virgin bank robbers. That is stepping up to the big leagues and you work your way up to that.
SO, just on the chance you are one of the BGs you will come under surveillance Drive by looking for the vehicle, registered there. It is there with no plate. You go to work you will be followed. While you are at work someone will inquire of your whereabouts at work during the time of the robbery IF you were at work, then you could not be robbing the bank.
NOW, someone is definitely going to knock on your door and ask you about the car in your drive with no plate on it. (you would be amazed at how many folks never notice the plate is gone.)

BUT, I will admit the visit will be different if you fit the description, are a known RA guy with several convictions and all around dirtbag. and the vehicle is still sitting in your drive with the plate on it.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
^^^ This is what the Anti Police don't get. It will not change with those in charge until their neighborhood starts to be plagued with crime. Look how quickly they will change their attitude. When I was playing semi dirt bag (getting high on drugs) you have a different demeanor about you and how you act with society around you. No matter how you try to be undercover You Stand Out to the Police. When you are a criminal no matter you skin color you always think they picked on you on purpose and not because you were acting like a criminal.

It's amazing you stop being around that life style and you no longer get pulled over unless you really were breaking a traffic law real badly. Like over 80 on express way etc.
Really they dont pull over normal citizens Black or White unless you are acting that way.
As a poor white person driving a POS car or a expensive car attracts as much attention as the Black Guy in a newer car in a crime area

I have to sometime go into bad areas where the Company is located to fix a machine and have been pulled over as the only white guy in a very Black/Brown area and ask what is a White Guy like you doing Here. Answer question without being all jazzed up because they pulled over and your are innocent.. After answering they usually say be careful and watch your back

Reactions: Ghost863

·
Registered
22,145 Posts
WELL, CONTRARY to some folks beliefs the cops do not do knee jerk reaction quite like that.
Usually not. But it's been known to happen. I remember when this happened: Christopher Dorner shootings and manhunt - Wikipedia

In two separate incidents during the manhunt, police shot at three civilians unrelated to Dorner, mistaking their pickup trucks for the vehicle being driven by Dorner (which was a dark gray 2005 Nissan Titan).[9] One of the civilians was hit by the police gunfire, another was wounded by shattered glass, and a third individual was injured when police rammed his vehicle and opened fire. The officers involved were not charged with any crime.[10][11]

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Our Governess signed a waiver for expired tags, no tags etc thru the end of the year.

Good thing too, as we registered a new to us vehicle in May. Temporary paper tag expired mid August. Still waiting on the metal tags in the mail. No sense paying for a new paper temporary tag.

So police can't initiate a stop solely for tags, or lack of. They'd have to initiate a stop on moving violations, seatbelts, cellphone use etc. etc.

I would hope "reasonable" description, following a crime, would also allow them to stop as well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Our Governess signed a waiver for expired tags, no tags etc thru the end of the year.

Good thing too, as we registered a new to us vehicle in May. Temporary paper tag expired mid August. Still waiting on the metal tags in the mail. No sense paying for a new paper temporary tag.

So police can't initiate a stop solely for tags, or lack of. They'd have to initiate a stop on moving violations, seatbelts, cellphone use etc. etc.

I would hope "reasonable" description, following a crime, would also allow them to stop as well.
how the hell can it take from May til now to not get tags? here we drive down, pick up a set, slap em on the car and presto done... wtf is wrong with everything over there? nothing seems to work

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
how the hell can it take from May til now to not get tags? here we drive down, pick up a set, slap em on the car and presto done... wtf is wrong with everything over there? nothing seems to work
No idea!!!

Perhaps made in China???

Granted, we did spring for personalized, so there is that. Shouldn't have taken a Month, in normalcy...

·
M.R. Ducks
19,209 Posts
NO... EXACTLY the opposite.
There are a lot of blue chevys out there, but something sets you off as "I should check out THAT blue Chevy" because of whatever extra vibe it gives off to an experienced PO, and there IS a valid reason for stop, why not let the officer do what the tax payers are paying him for?
If an officer suspects the driver of THAT blue Chevy has committed a crime, he or she should be able to express why he suspects that. Otherwise, it seems to me a lot of bank robbers and drug dealers might be getting away because their tags are current and their taillights work.

...bad plates as in expired, on wrong vehicle, broken tail lights, etc... ARE a violation of the law...
Yes, they are. If society wants to make a major effort to enforce those laws, let's just program a function button on the officer's laptop to allow a notice or ticket be sent to the expired tag and broken tail light criminals. That would save the officers' time for more important duties and put them in less danger of getting hit on the side of the road.

At my last oil change, the guy found a brake light bulb not working. I have no idea how long it had been out, but unless it failed that day, I am sure that one or more officers must have been in a position to see it. But, I'm a white guy, in a white neighborhood driving a Good Ol' Boy truck blasting Jimmy Buffett or Foreigner. I'm not likely to set off anybody's "spider sense."

However, black drivers in black neighborhoods (or especially in white neighborhoods) more often set off officers' "spider sense." The numbers clearly show that a drivers' race greatly affects his or her chance of being stopped by police. That needs to stop. If officer's won't change this habit, we have to take away any incentive for the habit.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts