Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
comfortably numb
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't start many threads, but I will on this one. A Biden/Harris Presidency is all but ensured at this point. Corona Virus outbreaks are raging again, and some States have already began re-instituting some sort of lock-down scheme. The panic-buying has already began. I fully expect shortly after January 20th, some sort of national lock-down will be implemented...haphazard & half-assed, though.

Mind you, I'm a "leave me the hell alone" sort of private citizen (and vote that way accordingly), so I have no ideological bent here. I don't see any conspiracy theories behind the lockdowns, but rather inept politicians wanting to be seen as "doing something"...even though they know lockdowns don't work (and also that, economically, the cure is worse than the disease). I also see them doing so as means of covering their collective asses when the tsunami of class-action lawsuits start rolling out against them for failing to protect the public from all directions: both pro & anti lockdown.

Question: how are you prepping for the coming 2021 lockdowns? Me? I got all my preps in order as best as possible within my budget. What I'm focusing on NOW is getting myself squared away financially....since we'll certainly be heading into a Mainstreet Depression (although Wall Street will do just fine).

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Two chain restaurants closed their locations within a block of each other in the neighborhood. Local businesses are going under because they can't be open. But its crazy that the big big companies can still operate their stores.

We're headed for a depression. Depression is what the big government types want. The last one gave them SS and a host of other government programs.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Two chain restaurants closed their locations within a block of each other in the neighborhood. Local businesses are going under because they can't be open. But it's crazy that the big companies can still operate their stores.

We're headed for a depression. Depression is what the big-government types want. The last one gave them SS and a host of other government programs.
If we aren't vigilant we will get Biden's form of Gun Control with that idiot from Texas who they should have shipped back to Mexico where he can pretend to be Mexican and see how long that last before he is hung.

·
Indefatigable
19,895 Posts
We made most of our adjustments back in February. We increased our pantry space/supplies by 20% and the garden area by that much plus we utilized my BILs unused backyard as a satellite garden for the extended family.
We aren't in debt to anyone and when hubby was furloughed for 4 months, we lived as cheaply as possible and banked the rest. We knew it was a dress rehearsal for what's about to hit.
I don't expect OK to lock down anything. Instead I expect parking garages and event centers to be turned into make shift triage and mortuary units. And I expect, few will comprehend the situation until people they know start dying, not from the virus, but from minor, normally survivable emergencies.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Watch your top-knot and keep your powder dry....

Or as someone else put it, far better than I:

Every Man Should Have A Rifle

Henry Lawson, 1907

• So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb,
    Seeing visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
    In the corner — not a vision — but a sign for coming days
    Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
    And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
    Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No — no ranting song is needed, and no meeting, flag or fuss —
    In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
    Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
    We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
    While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
    Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!

·
comfortably numb
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We knew it was a dress rehearsal for what's about to hit.
Yes it is. My company is crazy busy NOW, but that is due to projects already in que from months ago. The current work will last through Dec and into January....but after that, who knows. Company is already having financial problems, not being able to pay vendors on-time.

There's light at the end of the tunnel for me...I have $3K left in debt. This also while building my savings.

I don't expect OK to lock down anything. Instead I expect parking garages and event centers to be turned into make shift triage and mortuary units. And I expect, few will comprehend the situation until people they know start dying, not from the virus, but from minor, normally survivable emergencies.
I partially agree, but I disagree with the order of events. I think Biden/Harris will use executive order to call for a national lockdown once the mass field hospitals start returning. Of course, how the governors react to that order will differ dramatically. How much teeth that executive order will have is what concerns me 2021.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Bribem can institute a nationwide lockdown but we aren't locking down in FL our governor will give bribem the middle finger..LOL. Our governor has decided to let businesses decide for themselves how to run their business and let people decide for themselves how many people they want to have over to their home for the holidays etc. I don't think FL has any state mandated restrictions that is the difference between a free state and a communist state.

FL went deep red and when the new session starts the dems will not have any influence in the state legislature

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This virus, or the reaction by the ptb, will prove to be the everything bubble. I drive a rig for a great outfit. I see the effects of shutdowns on the food production and distribution as well as the service industry. This is the time to be smart and put people to work, not keep them home. .

·
Proud to be Welsh.
828 Posts
Not having a lockdown is fine if people use masks, social distance etc, sadly they don't and more people die. Its OK saying you were born in a free country and will do and act as YOU want but how about the poor sod you infect and potentially kill or is that OK? You may be symptom free but can still be an infection hotspot. Lots of wankers in the UK and USA banging on about restrictions until someone they know dies from it, generally speaking they STFU after that.

·
He Got Used To It
10,203 Posts
Not having a lockdown is fine if people use masks, social distance etc, sadly they don't and more people die. Its OK saying you were born in a free country and will do and act as YOU want but how about the poor sod you infect and potentially kill or is that OK? You may be symptom free but can still be an infection hotspot. Lots of wankers in the UK and USA banging on about restrictions until someone they know dies from it, generally speaking they STFU after that.
generally speaking, most muricans except the commie coasts own guns also

·
Never Ever Give Up!
968 Posts
I also don't post much as I took a break from many forums due to health and family reasons. I did start a similar post about "The coming lockdowns", and there are many mixed results in replies. It seems that many are not taking this serious, or in denial about what is happening and about to happen globally. I do not put any faith in mainstream media as they have not spoke of this or covered it as needed, and all they seem to show is statistics about to pandemic and not much on what is really going on concerning this topic. I have always had a "6th sense" about things, and they usually do pan out to be true. So I do watch a lot of videos from top subscribed channels on Youtube. Many are prepping and homestead channels with a very similar mindset as to what IS really going on. We as a prepper community are, and should be foward thinking people. When this video came up in my recommended viewing It was a big wake up and got me thinking back to the old rumors of Agenda 21. Remember that part "21" when watching this if you do. Many other associated videos will be on the side supporting this same topic. We are being supressed, and unless you look for it, many will not find these topics useful. I have always been foward thinking person that has helped with many ways to plan my life. Hopefully you will find this with an open mind helpful, and don't beat meup too much for feeling that this could be a reality of things to come.

·
Proud to be Welsh.
828 Posts
generally speaking, most muricans except the commie coasts own guns also
I'll let you into a secret...The commies have gone all capitalist or they are dead...no more commies, everybody is after whatever they can get their hands on :)

Wear a mask, social distance and stay safe.

·
He Got Used To It
10,203 Posts
I'll let you into a secret...The commies have gone all capitalist or they are dead...no more commies, everybody is after whatever they can get their hands on :)

Wear a mask, social distance and stay safe.
yes mommy

·
comfortably numb
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems that many are not taking this serious, or in denial about what is happening and about to happen globally.
Yes. The real pandemic is the global economic depression that will arrive shortly. Eating beans & rice & ramen to get myself out of debt by the end on the year...while I still have a job.

I watched the whole video...interesting. I found myself agreeing with a lot of...but not all of it. Found his arguments persuasive...provided that the source he lists is indeed legitimate. We'll never know. Well, at least we will by this time next year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts