Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
III
186 Posts
I don't wish the kid harm at all, but these grown adults need to not let this 17 y/o run wild. Kid is makin' them work for it, do they expect him to roll over? How would they ever protect them from a terrorist? Can't get a 17 y/o GeneriBond?

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
he needs nailed down...and to me he might be some sort of a local folk hero, but he is a thief and a potentially dangerous one at that...

Some one is gonna pop a cap on him soon enough..

·
Mad Trapper II
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I do admit the man is no hero, that is for sure, but there are a lot of aspects of this case that make it very interesting to watch.

His ability to evade and escape (he did escape custody; on multiple occassions too, if I'm not mistaken) is admirable in itself (especially considering his age).

I do have to agree with MtnManMike that, if I had to classify him, I would call him a raider before I called him a survivalist. However, he is practicing a form of survivalism, a despicable form, but a form all the same. I think it's safe to say that Colton is not one of the sheeple. He is not a true survivalist, but he isn't one of the future looters/starvation victims that we all know and "love" as the sheeple that we all deal with daily. His S has already HTF and he's still going strong, which is amazing, especially when you consider how young and untrained he is.

He's no Robin Hood, this is also for sure. He's a theif and I idolize him in no way, shape, or form; but I must admit that, as a former delinquent myself (though I stopped being a delinquent before I hit 18 years old), I am kind of cheering for him, in a weird, difficult to explain sort of way. He's an underdog and he's enjoying that same reckless freedom that I once cherished, though, as I aged, I did realize that delinquency is insane and that it leads to nowhere fast. Even if he does "get away" forever, what kind of life is that? Always hiding, always looking over your shoulder, always lying, having to deny your own name. Some day, if he gets that far, he'll have a fake name and kids. He'll look at them and think, "They have fake names. What have I done? What happens if they come for me? I'll lose them." On top of this, his freedom's gone. If only he had turned himself in just before he turned 18, he could have became a normal man someday. That's gone now. He is a criminal, but, as a former delinquent myself, I do feel sorry for him, sort of, but it does become harder and harder to feel bad for him as he ages.

Unfortunately, I would not be angry if someone shot him. He's just a kid, but he's stealing aircraft. If he were doing everything else he has done and not stealing aircraft I could almost say that he is harmless as far as hurting people is concerned because he is obviously trying to not hurt anyone (as far as I know and except for his complete disregard for everyone's safety with the aircraft stealing). He would just be a reckless kid and a theif to me, but he's stealing planes. Just the fact that he is stealing planes makes him a lethal threat to all around him (anywhere in range of him and the nearest light aircraft). I'm not saying that he wants to pull a 9/11, but he's unskilled (he doesn't know how to land them) and he doesn't care about this fact enough to realize that he shouldn't be flying. This is why I would not feel bad if he did catch a homeowner's slug on some ill-fated mission to gather food and supplies. I think he's a self-taught "pilot" as well. That's another amazing aspect of this strange case.

The other thing is that he's never stolen from me so I don't have that same anger that I have for that other ******* that I caught burglarizing my home (I got him good). He is a thief and he deserves to get it as bad as any theif gets it. Sad, but true.

I have a question for all of you regarding Colton: Do you think that he's using survival manuals? I think he probably is. I would bet money on it if I were a gambler. Just his evasion abilities say that he does, IMHO.

So, in summary, I have mixed feelings about the whole situation. He's a thief and a danger to society, but his evasion abilities are amazing. I'm watching closely. If he can get away like this it gives me hope that I may be able to do the same someday in a post-NWO world. I hope to God that that never happens to me. It would be so lonely and hard on the brain, especially with the extra traumas that would most likely accompany the incidents leading up to my time on the run. I prepare for the worst and I hope for the best, as we all do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.