Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my SKS, but would like to get another semi auto. Ar-15's are pricey, so it could also be a pricey mistake too. A local shop can get me a colt AR target for $1500 new. Besides price, are they good to get. Is that a good price for one? I got the same price from 2 places.

·
Unseen
667 Posts
yes that is a good decent price for one these days, BUT I am almost positive you could use that money in a much wiser way! If you want another Semi, but an AK so you have 2 that share the same ammo. I guess if you have the cash to blow on something like that then go for it, NOT ME!

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
Colt=overpriced

you're just paying for a name, I've built more accurate guns for FAR less.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 2cent

This is only my opinion. I think colt makes a great gun. I also think that they are over rated and over priced. I bought a High Standard AR and payed 900.00 for it. They had a colt AR there and tried to sell it to me for 1750.00. I said whats the big difference. "Well this is the one that the law enforcement and swat teams use" so what mine is equal. Chrome lined barrel,all the same stuff. Now i'm sure you going to hear you gotta get a colt or others are junk. Get what you want. I'm just not one to get a Colt because it's a colt I'm not fighting a war (yet). But I can't spend money on a name. Like I said my 2cents.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
During the Klintoon years Cold made a deal with the devil... and redesigned their internals 'so they wouldn't reddily accept FA parts'

Side effect... only colt spair parts fit.

Don't get one of those...

I don't like AR's. You need to decide what you want it for...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Which internal parts are you refering to that are Colt specific? that is the first I have heard of that. And why would it matter if FA parts do not fit in it since that would be illegal anyway?

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Which internal parts are you refering to that are Colt specific? Don't remember... Know they moved some pins... Look it up.
that is the first I have heard of that. And why would it matter if FA parts do not fit in it since that would be illegal anyway?
Not all FA parts are illegal... and it's not so much that... it's the ability to scavange... (Or use Bushmaster, or Rock river parts etc...)
OR, if you spent the money on one of the LEGAL and REGISTERED one of these:

http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have my basic firearms needs met. I would like a nice classic ar-15 / m16 piece for a collection. Basically, a museum piece that occasionally goes to the range. I also would like a firearm that has a farther range than a 30-30 or 7.62x39. I have 7.62x39 well covered w/ 2 SKS. One norinco and the other the cowboy carbine, both stock. The other option maybe is a .308. Think the m14 is pretty bulky. maybe a HK91 or FAL.

As far as SHTF firearms, my peasant gun fits me good.

I would like to collect firearms a bit, and figure I need to get ahead on the semi-auto part. The others I like like lever actions and popular hunting rifles classics (like a model 70) have a better chance of being around for sale alot longer than your semi's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.