Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
I agree with scoops on the cylinder release but all and all a good weapon. I totted a Colt 2 1/2 in Cobra while under the covers :) many years ago. dependable, accurate.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
A buddy of mine just picked on up a few months ago. Great weapon. If you can get a good deal, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

However, they are typically too expensive given the competition out there. As an example, there is a guy on GunBroker.com who is selling two pre-lock S&W 686's (one 4" one 6") for $1100.

Tough to argue spending $800-$1000 on one .357 weelgun when you can get two for nearly the same price.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Excellent pistols, very accurate in every example I've handled.
Not the same lockwork as the Python (or earlier Colt's) but still a decent trigger pull generally.

I actually prefer the Colt's to the Smith's as they fit my hand better, longer distance from the grip to the trigger, but I'm generally alone there.

The release is actually easier once you get used to it, I've been using it with a Python and Detective Special for 20+ years now and still prefer it to the Smith release.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
I have seen 6 inch with the BRIGHT finish, in great shape go on Gun Broker for $1,500.00 From what I have found out there was not that many of the Bright finish model in 6 inch done... and so kinda harder to find and a little rare...

No the photo is not mine, I found it while looking up the info on these...

6 inch model

Attachments

·
Newbie-but learning fast!
46 Posts
I have the exact same gun-except with a 6"bbl, bought new in the 80's for mid-$300's. It's the smoothest wheel gun I have (out of four), the most accurate, and the most fun to shoot.

When I shoot it...it makes me smile. :cool:

Regrding the cylidner release...I've gotten totally used to it and actually like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.