Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Survival Actual
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put a fishing kit together for my Niece who lives in Colorado.

Can ya'll please help me decide what kind of lures and equipment to put in the kit?

I've already got a nice freshwater reel and rod for her, but im not sure what kind of fish are out there.

She's in Aurora, Colorado, so i'm assuming she'll be fishing in nearby lakes or ponds.

Ive already added snap swivels, hooks and bobbers......

·
Hunter
2,994 Posts
Who will she be fishing with?
I'd get her barbed shank hooks, slip sinkers, sinkers, and those clear plastic water fillable "bobbers" they use out west. Most people use power bait and for a female, that's preferred over nightcrawlers. I'd guess she's not experienced enough to use live bait.

Spinners (mepps/panther martins/etc.) would be OK too.

If she's denver metro, she'll probably be doing reserviors. Most of CO fish are stockers, so powerbait should work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to put a fishing kit together for my Niece who lives in Colorado.

Can ya'll please help me decide what kind of lures and equipment to put in the kit?

I've already got a nice freshwater reel and rod for her, but im not sure what kind of fish are out there.

She's in Aurora, Colorado, so i'm assuming she'll be fishing in nearby lakes or ponds.

Ive already added snap swivels, hooks and bobbers......
If you you lures. use a mepps #3 with white hackle, trim the hackle to hook
and then you have a good Colorado lure. good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
For spinning the alpine lakes go with #0 and #1 Mepps Aglia. Silver or gold with and without tails. A daredevle or Thomas 1/6th ounce spoon works good also.

Crawlers are always a good bet so send some baitholder hooks. Size 6 or 8.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
For spinning the alpine lakes go with #0 and #1 Mepps Aglia. Silver or gold with and without tails. A daredevle or Thomas 1/6th ounce spoon works good also.

Crawlers are always a good bet so send some baitholder hooks. Size 6 or 8.

That is the second prettiest trout I have ever seen. Golden trout will always be my number 1 fish though.

I feel bad that all we have are ugly sunfish here in Fl LOL (excluding saltwater)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.