Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
A well stocked supply of fire wood for your wood burning stove, some down quilts, stay inside (preferably with someone you can snuggle up to), lots of hot chocolate, and some good homemade chili.

That's my plan....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well... as you know we ARE civilized here in Canada...we don't live in igloos. We have central heating. Sure its bitter cold but its not out of norm for your area. Even S.Ont where I live always has -10 to -35 temps in Jan. During the Bizzard of 77 we had -50 temps here with the wind chill. Snowmobiles quit.

·
Thread Killer
781 Posts
Call Al Gore and have him come over and stand in the living room and bloviate about 'Global Warming' for about 20 minutes.

The entire house should be nice and toasty after that type of hot air...
I watched his 'movie' the other night. The wife kept telling me to turn it off because I was yelling at the TV.

It snowed in Texas last week and then this morning it was -15 in Denver. Global warming my ass.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I adjusted the weather stripping on my garage door before winter, and now it is so cold the door has shrunk and there are drafts almost all around it.

The house is a great improvment over last year, although the back porch is getting draft from air from the roof. Going to have to fix that.

I can deal with the cold weather, I'm just wondering why we do. Maybe Canada was colonized by masocists?

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Cold isn't that bad, I think, as long as you contol moisture and wind. Cover up that skin, and wear polypro long undies if you're going to be exerting yourself out-of-doors, and you'll be OK. I like to wear a 100 or 20 weight polarfleece balaclava, under a wind & waterproof (gore-tex) parka with a hood, polypro undies, a mid weight polar fleece jacket and heavy wool pants when the temps go south of about 10 farenheit.

Tom.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I wonder what the record is for change of weather in one day. Yesterday it was an uncharacteristic 60+ degrees. This morning it was 8 FRIGGIN DEGREES!!! 52 degree change in one day??? ...I'm missin' California...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Jeez stop whining about how cold it is ...
I'd take -10 or more below any day over the days it gets to be 100+ degrees here around Houston. Especially when it starts raining, whole towns like a freekin steam bath.
Before you start saying to yourself "It's easy for him to say, he's from Texas, probably never seen it very cold."

I lived in Denver for quite a while. The first job I had was delivering the Rocky Mountain News, 185 papers every morning by hand. I worked from the beginning of November until March, slogging through a foot or more of snow on a regular basis in sub zero weather.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This winter and the last in Sweden were actually relatively warm. It's mostly been hovering around freezing although it got down to around -5C (23F). I hate Swedish winters. I'll take sub tropical Queensland summer any day over Swedish winter. I really miss those thunder storms. Dreaming of an Aussie summer is one of the few things to get me through. That, and glögg. And my Swede. :)

Brrrr.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Call Al Gore and have him come over and stand in the living room and bloviate about 'Global Warming' for about 20 minutes.
Thank you for showing your ignorance on how global warming actually works :thumb:

I know people have done it before, but how in the heck are we supposed to survive this kind of weather: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cask0261

The people who colonized Canada were crazy.
And you survive it very easy - its called dressing for the weather. Invest in some cold weather clothing that is actually made for cold weather, and you'll be fine.

If you dont like it, leave. I hear Florida is wonderful during the hurricane season.....

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow, it's like a guy can't even be hating on mother nature for ten seconds in here.

All I'm saying is it is beyond cold outside and I'd much prefer -15C.

I know how to dress for the weather and I increase my tea drinking, but that doesn't help keep heating costs down or vehicle troubles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cold weather sucks. :) Right now in Maine it has been a cold one some people will be without power for 2 weeks. i had family over to my place while they are waiting for power to be restored.

I Highly suggest a generator for everyone. You can use it to run your heaters in the house, depending on the type you have, i use a oil burner furnace. After your house has warmed up you can even use the generator for whatever. make sure to not have it indoors or if it is, make sure its well ventelated so you dont fall asleep and die from the fumes.

just thinking to myself the last time this part of maine had a icestorm was in 98'

·
Banned
647 Posts
Oh yes, there is global warming. It's right here over my place. It's 58* here right now.

All my snow is gone:mad::mad:

I want it back:(:(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts