Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what a good 4 season tent is. My school is heading up to Mt. Rainer in Washington for a week long trip in Jan. I want a 4 season tent that will stand up well and can be used for more extreme weather afterwards. I'm also looking into artic expeditions and was curious where they get their gear. Thanks for the info.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,962 Posts
If you don't have to back pack it, I recommend the Cabela's Big Horn with a wood stove. I have used one for hunting in the Sierra's for 6 years. It will hold up under 3 ft of snow and survive 40 mph winds. The wood stove is worth the money when you wake up and it is below zero in the tent.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Get yourself a North Face Mountain25. you will NOT be disappointed. They are bomb proof, and have tons of storage for gear. It is an expedition tent. As for sleeping bags and arctic/summit clothing, check out featheredfriends.com. They make arguably the best down products. They are a small company so you have to order direct, can't buy at a store. but AWESOME. Good luck, I'm hoping to make it out to Denali in a year or so, once I get my finances straight :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts