Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Warrior of the wasteland.
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tanto 13an
I just picked this up off ebay for 80 bucks NIB
i havent come across any reviews of this knife (besides the solid proof stuff for the master tanto)
Any thoughts.. opinions etc...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, it sure does look nice! My friend cleans his deer with that model. It's just too bad Cold Steel doesn't make their products in America, otherwise I would pick up that exact knife.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have the Recon Tanto and absolutely love it. It's a couple inches longer, but boy does it hold an edge. I think I honed it once, and used it lightly, cutting rope, shaving kindling for a few campfires, and it's still sharp enough to shave the hair off my arm.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is an absolutly gorgeous blade! And 80 bucks for it is a steal!!! Great deal there man, great knife from what I hear. Looking to get one myself. As for where its made, quality is more important that where its made when it comes to knives at least. Yeah, made in America is nice, but it really doesn't matter too much to me.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I carry one on my SWAT belt. Mostly for chores like cutting para cord or opening MRE'S, prying open doors and things like that. It is a great blade and has enough heft to make some pretty wicked chops.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an old version (brass fittings) with a 5 in blade. Although I'm not a big CS fan this is a real workhorse.

FYI: CS also has a 'tactical' type sheath available (at least for my model). Not sure if it's on their Site or in the catalog.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
One thing I can tell you about it is that I surely regret having sold mine a few years ago and am looking forward to getting a replacement for it. You're lucky I was not on ebay to bid against you! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts