Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up! There are some smokin' 4th of July deals on the Cold Steel specpro site. Cold Steel ain't my favorite knife manufacturer, but I have to admit they make some really cool stuff and sometimes have great prices.

Check it out!

http://www.ltspecpro.com/july-4th-sale.html

I'll be getting me a skull head City Stick (Micarta for my dad) a bunch of the nightshade knives, and a big ole 18" barong machete! :D

Hope this sort of thread is okay. I am in no way affiliated with Cold Steel, just wanted to share the word on the deals. FYI, it would be smart to double check the going prices on the things you want, only some are priced well. Example, the Rajah I, two for $150 is ridiculously good!! I already have one otherwise I'd be on that.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
This was posted before but im sure its good if more at least get a chance to look

I also bought the 18 in Barong along with a couple of Recon1 folders. I guess the supply is limited because the last time i looked they only had serrated edged Recons.

They also sent 6 lolipops which seemed odd, but my girls loved them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured take a chance and make a thread about it. Looks like a few people appreciated it at least. :)

Isn't the lollipop thing funny!? LOL it cracked me up, my gf enjoyed them though.

FYI to all: they do seem to take their time on with the shipping. If you are anxious like me, give the customer service a call for order status. I placed my order on 6/2 and they estimate it will ship out this Wednesday (6/9).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wanted to find something to order, but with shipping it's no cheaper than their normal price in store. The Brooklyn Smasher was on my list, but is just as cheap on Amazon with free shipping. Amazon also has the Magnum Kukri Machete for 5 bucks less than the 4th of July sale.

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
I wanted to find something to order, but with shipping it's no cheaper than their normal price in store. The Brooklyn Smasher was on my list, but is just as cheap on Amazon with free shipping. Amazon also has the Magnum Kukri Machete for 5 bucks less than the 4th of July sale.
Maybe for some, but the Recon 1 is $104 on the ColdSteel site and I purchased two for $60 (total), the machete was a few dollars cheaper than on their site and shipping was less than $10.

Plus the free CANDY!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Just got my Spike Hawk. Bought it as a camp tool/defense item. Honest appraisal is it is very limited as a functional axe but makes a very nasty weapon. Cheap and surprisingly well made. Glad I got one.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
Just got my Spike Hawk. Bought it as a camp tool/defense item. Honest appraisal is it is very limited as a functional axe but makes a very nasty weapon. Cheap and surprisingly well made. Glad I got one.
where did you find one i thought all the new 'hawks were on backorder??!!

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Looks like there are some deals to be had there - especially if you are just looking for truck knives, barongs, etc., to throw in a toolbox or stash under a seat or in a cache somewhere.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I mentioned that in my post, that it would be smart to check prices because not all were deals. In your case, it was good you did. Amazon beats most places with their free shipping. But there definitely ARE some outstanding deals to be had on the Specpro site. Smasher just wasn't one of em.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Received my order from Specops, man, I still can't believe they sent that huge box for $9 to Hawaii. I am stoked.

Oh, and yes they still threw a few lollipops in there..

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
Got my second order in. A couple of machetes, some fixed blades and some of the Grivory blades. I like the knives, but no lollipops this time :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts