Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some of what this thing can do and that at least a few of you have one. I haven't seen much suggesting that it can be used as a hammer/mallet for pounding on stuff. I'm hoping one of you have experience using it as such. Please tell me this thing is heavy/sturdy enough to hammer with the flat end. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one but haven't used it yet. It is heavy duty though (and just heavy, so it'll go in the trunk and not my bob).

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
It does many things well in fact I have my wife carry one when she walks the hound in the early morning.
Just for a poop scooper mind you......nothing else I assure you......honest.
But it only makes a fair mallet.
Then again trying to pound 100d nails into California high desert hardpan and rocks for tents stakes is a bad example.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
It is a great tool. It can be used as a mallet but it shines as a shovel, hatchet and improvised weapon. I keep one in each car. It is my favorite Cold Steel product.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
During World War 2 American paratroopers were known to carry and use in combat their ever popular entrenching tools or e-tools. If you were in the rear of an old American paratrooper unit in WW2, one of the things that you would see is paratroopers actually sharpening their e-tools. The love affair between American paratroopers and their e-tools went on from WW2 right up to the end of the old style e-tool. Modern day e-tools fold into small and compact items that can be carried inside of a case on the rucksack. I own one of the older e-tools and two of the modern tools. The older e-tool is my personal choice and the one that I carry around. My kids didn't understand why I liked my e-tool so much until they saw a show about the Russian Spetnaz. In that show one of the Russian soldiers throws one of their wooden handled shovels about 50 feet to have it lodge very deeply in a piece of wood. After that, the sons understood and are now thinking about getting their own wooden, older model e-tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts