Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
279 Posts
I have this model, with the old CarbonV steel blade ( wich unfortunately has been discontinued). It has good size, very strong, comfortable. I really like it.
I don't know about the new blade steel...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have this model, with the old CarbonV steel blade ( wich unfortunately has been discontinued). It has good size, very strong, comfortable. I really like it.
I don't know about the new blade steel...
Thanks man, yeah, its a shame they discontinued the Carbon V version. I think it was supposed to be a more affordable version of the San Mai III but they just dropped the Carbon V and stuck with the San Mai III. I heard that San Mai was pretty good though. I'll have to try it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the older carbon V version, if i could own only 1 knife it would be this one. It holds a razor edge, and has enough backbone to pry off car doors. Its big enough to be a serious knife, but small enough to conceal and be easy to carry, have it with me most of the time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the older carbon V version, if i could own only 1 knife it would be this one. It holds a razor edge, and has enough backbone to pry off car doors. Its big enough to be a serious knife, but small enough to conceal and be easy to carry, have it with me most of the time.
I agree there tightline , I have a old master hunter and think it is agreat all around knife from bush craft to dresing and butchering game.
For a reason I am not sure why I want it but I have been thinking of puting on a handle of pretty wod and making a leather sheath for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too have the carbon v version.As said above it's an excellent knife that takes a razor edge and holds it very well.It does everything thing I need it to do,no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts