Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bunkies,

Can anyone give me a link to a place that can give me the current value of my American Eagle Silver coin? The date on it is from 1940 or 1946; it's hard to tell which.
Thanks,

Claudia

·
Registered
12 Posts
I check Coinflation on a regular basis. It's a great resource.

Notice the actual "melt value" of all current circulation coins. The 1909-1982 penny, (which are still very much in circulation) has a melt value of slightly over $0.02. Something tells me that rolling those and stashing them back might not be a bad idea.

The 1946-2008 Nickel is - amazingly - almost worth a whole nickel! Probably not a bad candidate for stashing rolls, either.

However, the other current circulation stuff, man... that stuff's worthless! I mean, most of us who are aware of the Federal Reserve, Fiat Currency, etc. already know that, but to see the actual percentages of face value vs. melt value is staggering.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hey Bunkies,

Can anyone give me a link to a place that can give me the current value of my American Eagle Silver coin? The date on it is from 1940 or 1946; it's hard to tell which.
Thanks,

Claudia
Rare coins are all about condition. Sounds pretty worn if you cant read the date. Prolly not worth much if any more than its melt value.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah...condition! The ever-elusive butterfly of value. I hadn't even considered that aspect. Thanks for the info! :)

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
I second conflation, it is a great site, lots of info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts