Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
illicit drugs as a pain reliever?

i have a personal doctor who has been very helpful with helping me stock antibiotics and other prescriptions for a shtf situation, all he asks is that i bring them in for disposal after expiration (its a very nice arrangement we have) but thats neither here nor there.. however he will not prescribe me any pain meds for stockpiling.. thats the line.. so i always just assumed id use alcohol for pain management.. but for lets say for bullet removal or other more immediate pain management even your strongest alcohol takes 5-10 mins to get thru you.. so i know its not ideal but would injected cocaine be a good idea for pain management? this is ofcourse all legal wishwash aside.. whats your thoughts on this??

·
Watching, Waiting....
1,473 Posts
As far as cocaine is considered, you are going to have a very talkative, and psychologically superior, manic person you are trying to help. and it will be very expensive.

If you are going the directly illegal drug rout then if you have the ability to strap them down and physically restrict them you can give them low doses of low grade PCP. You would be able to remove limbs with no pain felt to the patient. Of course you may kill them with the dope but as far as pain killing goes, PCP would be about the best.

Alcohol will thin the blood of your patient and lead them to bleeding out. The alcohol induced drunken stooper may even lead itself to hazard do to some people become angry drunks, sloppy drunks, or of course my favorite...The I love you man...drunk. Any cutting or stitching don't to the abdomen will most likely get ripped out while the patient is puking through their prayers the next morning cause site damage and possible interior hemorrhaging.

You may experience sometime in the near future a back issue after falling down some stairs on some water that may have been just spilled. During this evaluation you will be diagnosed with something painful and it locks you up and trouble sleeping, because of this you are now getting laid off of work and this is so stressful that you can not sleep or stay asleep and experience short debilitating anxiety attacks that leave you paralyzed,
By the end you will be somewhere in the 10/325 Norco or Endodan for pain somewhere in the 30-90 per 30day refillable, For no sleep you will get Ambien or lunesta, These cost about $100 unless you get the ambien generic..cost about $5 the anxiety will be addressed with Xanax or busbar

Start filling to stocks..

·
Sic semper tyrannis.
8,437 Posts
Look into grey market goods such as veterinary before considering the black market. Many people utilize the grey market for antibiotics for emergency situations, such as conventional antibiotics for fish.

Ketamine & Tiletamine are both veterinary anaesthetics that could be effective with humans but do not take my word for it, consult with a qualified physician first.

A topical anesthetic such as benzocaine and lidocaine, could be helpful in emergency situations where there is no immediate medical assistance available and you must perform self surgery.

Obtaining any level of controlled substances for unintended use has legal ramifications that must be considered.

Growing Papaver Somniferum is legal is most places, but cultivating it for medicinal uses is not.

·
Sic semper tyrannis.
8,437 Posts
To the OP

BTW the title of this thread may be breaking forum rules, you might want to change it.

7. Do NOT discuss topics of any illegal nature. If it’s against the law, it does not need to be on this forum.

·
Dont Tread On Me
177 Posts
injecting would not be a good idea but snorting would be ideal. cocaine use to be used as an anestetic during eye surgery in the early 20th century. (some one who isnt me) is prescribed amphetamine for ADD and for a while took the pharmasetical (spelling?) equivalent of cocaine called methylphenidate.

personally i believe that post SHTF all these medication will be highly sought after. the vaso-constriction makes it ideal for surgery (although it will still be very painful) and will reduce blood loss. this is also why militaries give it to their troops before combat, among the feelings of euphoria, power, and courage, it also prevents massive blood loss from battlefield injuries.

·
Scandinavian survivor
4,106 Posts
Cocaine is a local anesthetic so for any pain relief it has to be injected in the pain striken area. Any pain in the nose or around it might be relieved by snorting but you´ll probably just have a coked up patient...

Don´t do it. The downsides are so many it´s insane. Dosage? Purity? Expiration? JAIL?!? Just don´t do it.

·
Vigilant
3,749 Posts
Cocaine Will numb you topically if applied as a paste. But if your dealin with an open wound the introduction of cocaine will raise the patients heart rate. He'll bleed more. On an aside coke is a godsend when it comes to dental injuries and numbing of the mouth.

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,890 Posts
Stay away from cocaine.

I stock lidocaine, it works fine.

I commonly do minor surgeries on goats, sheep and hogs a couple times each year. They rough-house in the forest and get stabbed by protruding branches or stumps. Or they get cysts that are filled with pathogens that need to be removed and burned. Or I have had it twice where a sow's rectum prolapses out. Last spring we had a 18-yo girl shearing our sheep and she managed to slice open one ewes belly, a 10 inch long slice, exposing intestines, with just a see-thru membrane holding the intestines inside her.

I keep a gallon jug with a 50/50 mixture of feed-grade molasses and pure grain alcohol.

Tie the animal as best you can to stop it from flailing around. Then I drench 100CCs of this mixture down their throat, and make 1cc lidocaine injections around the perimeter of the wound. Before I attempt cutting or stitching. Sometimes it will require drenching like that 4 or 5 times. Usually it is easy to tell when something is too drunk to care, and if enough lidocaine has been applied to ease surgery.

I have stitched on myself a few times.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys! like always tons of knowledge! its not really something im planning for it was just a thought.. not a drug user of any kind not even sure id be able to secure cocaine.. lol but thanks for the suggestions i just need to do some research and find something that will work for me and my team!

·
Dont Tread On Me
177 Posts
i mainly advise against injection because in a SHTF scenario that could lead to an infection if you dont know what your doing and use improper technique.

its not a very good anestetic, i mainly would suggest its surgical use to prevent blood loss via vaso-constriction.

if you wanted a topical anestetic that does work and is 100% legal buy some kava-kava root. you can usually find it in any head shop or herb supplier. often it is sold as a drink mix or capsules. i suggest the drink mix type because once its mixed with water its very easy to apply. and it will totally numb the nerve endings

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
whats your thoughts on this??

Cocaine is very expensive and regardless of price and legal issues is best for just a very narrow range of injuries.

If you cut into your eyeball, they will often prescribe cocaine. There are a few other uses that cocaine is best for, but for the most part, lidocaine, benzocaine and others work better and are a lot cheaper.

I think if one were to make or purchase some laudanum, they would find that there are quite a few uses for this. Of course it is highly regulated so keep that in mind.

There are legal ways to procure 99.99% pure lidocaine powder, benzocaine powder, and several other -caines.

Most toothache gels are 20% benzocaine but with a little know how it isn't hard to up that percentage to 50%, which will handle just about any toothache.

In fact I am dealing with an abscessed tooth right now and I am feeling no pain.

I don't have all the answers regarding this by any means, but even if cocaine were 100% legal to own, I would say there are other medications that would give you much more bang for your buck.

·
Don't tread on me.
980 Posts
Cocaine is a terrible idea.
Its a poor analgesic, but more importantly, it is a felony to possess in any amount, to purchase or to sell. I'd be more than reluctant to risk everything to have it as a prep.

ALSO - Cocaine has been known to contain adulterants to cut it, most recently, and in large/frequent amounts, a chemotherapy/cattle dewormer, which has caused flesh rotting and death!!!
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/12/most_cocaine_now_laced_with_po.html

·
Shuriken snowflake
16,826 Posts
Topical lidocaine is legal and OTC, no? Might not be great for a bullet but works fine for the stitches and cleaning wound.

Some countries sell ketamine OTC for use in animals.

Or try a combo of a narcotic pain killer (Rarely prescribed here but I hear there you can get it for a toothache!!!) and a sleep med/strong sedative (Some are not classed as any type of narcotics). Your "victim" will be a bit numbed up and also too weak to fight back. :)

·
Waiting...Watching..
2,235 Posts
By sheer coincidence I had every medicine I needed to stockpile perscribed over the space of a year due to a nasty run of various complaints and illnesses :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts