Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaker, breaker, calling all CB experts.

I have a choice of those two CBs available to me. Which one is better? Anything I should be aware of, or any negative drawbacks to either unit? The Royce is a base station, and the Cobra a mobile▬I was going to use one of them as a base station (if that's the correct terminology for it..)

I'm in the preliminary stages of compiling proper coax cable, handsets, antennas, etc.. Any advice or suggestions would be warmly welcomed. I guess after I'm all set up, evidently the CB will have to be tuned for peak and SWR modulation? How can I get that performed?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well I dont know anything about the Royce 619 but check an see if it has a 12v plug on the back so it can be run off a battery so it can be operated off grid the cobra 29 are good radios like miss becky said get both

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dont know anything about the Royce 619 but check an see if it has a 12v plug on the back so it can be run off a battery so it can be operated off grid the cobra 29 are good radios like miss becky said get both
Thanks. It has a 13.8v DC connector on a 2-1/2" lead. I never noticed that..

The idea here is to mount one CB in my BOV and keep one here as a base station. FWIW, I'm in one of the tallest buildings in the area and that should potentially help with transmission range.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've heard some negative stuff about the newer Cobra's but I haven't bought one lately. The two 25s I had worked good. Never used or saw a Royce in person. If you check You Tube you'll find videos on them.

If they both look fine and are at a good price get both if you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts