Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
it all makes sense if you can see this: An accusation of racism, or sexism, or fudgepackerism, results in immediate DIS-MISSal of the accused. the opinion of an XXXist is immaterial. you lose all humanity upon accusation. Like an accusation of drug use in the '80s, or witchcraft in the 1600s. you have to prove you are not a witch. and everybody knows witches lie.

·
Golden Cockroach
498 Posts
My 20yo son came home from his college a week or so ago. He groused that his prefessor was trying so hard to be "woke" that she was telling the class that "coronavirus" was racist because corona means "yellow" in Spanish or something like that. I'm just shaking my head. People are dumb.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts
Reactions: Nefarious1

·
Dios y Tejas
6,687 Posts
I have always called it the Corona Virus, but upon reflection, my favorite foreign beers are Dos Equis and Corona.... I have realized that calling this flu after a Mexican beer is xenophobic so I have started calling it the ChiCom Flu or the Yellow Plague... nothing like being PC, I feel so much better about myself now.

PS...Social distancing is not that difficult when you enjoy your own company more than that of others :)

·
Awesome
17,065 Posts
does anyone else find it disturbing how the media was able to cause people to go bankrupt, stock markets to tumble, businesses to suffer, over something 1/4-1/5 as deadly as SARS?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Corona Racist??? No, but the "Corona" is actually the "tip of the penis" so we are spreading a "penis tip virus"?..... BUT, but, but, the BLACK Plague... that IS racist?

·
Hubris begets Nemesis
7,751 Posts
Call it whatever you like. If it makes you feel better to point a finger, go ahead.

But at the end of the day what difference does it matter where it comes from? If you've been paying attention over the past decade, the CDC and WHO were predicting a break out pandemic virus that could originate from almost anywhere. The results are predicted to be the same irrespective of the geographic epicenter. But if it gives comfort to assign blame, go for it.

I choose to call it Covid19 because that's the most accurate name we have for THIS virus. And I really don't care WHERE its from because my response will be exactly the same, no matter its origins.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
They are right.

Corona virus started in a 3rd world ****hole that has a thin veneer of modernity and civility making it appear to be modern country by today's standards.

Also, these ****ed up diseases always come from places with poor sanitary practices and strange eating customs. Africa, Asia, South America and islands belonging to those continents as well.

Eating plague carrying rodents and other bush meats, often times raw or alive, for the sake of getting your **** hard or warding off a "curse" or "demons" are the cultural practices of backwater barbarians.

The bar has been raised CNN, I didn't even mention red China once.

Edit: Nice of CNN to carry China's water for them, perhaps being their mouthpiece will give them favored status in the party.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts