Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a question that has been coming to mind resently...
in a SHTF situation i would like my crew to all be wearing the same thing so they are easily recognizable so i was going with black tactical pants and army surplus black shirts at first...
then i found out that black is not camoflage (its intimidation) it actually outlines you against a backround because it easier for the eye to see black lines vs. colors...
i was thinking of ACU's however i do not want to be mixed up with the army at all...
so whats next jeans and tshirts...ps i live in southern california...any thoughts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
go to LA Police gear on the web -- they have tons of different options for clothing.... and they are clsoe to you...... they may even have a store front you coudl visit

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
Urban setting, be "The Gray Man" blend in, look like everybody else. The guy running down the street in cammies and a MOLLE pack will stick out like a sore thumb.

So would the LA Dodgers baseball team, if they all ran together in their home white uniforms.

As long as your "cammo" fits the environment.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Just goto the city and watch people walking around... you will see its easy to blend in just copy them.. as for wearing all the same stuff if everyone is wearing the same thing and you saw them walking down the street what would you think? Me Looks like they got something and they are prepared.. you can always tie a bandna around an arm if you need to be able to tell who is who..

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
When SHTF, there will be two rules for prisoners.

One everyday Joe, civilian clothes, dept store firearm.

This person will be a criminal, and handled as such.

Someone in martial status, which is uniformed, carrying a martial firearm, will be processed as an armed combatant. Under military law, and the Geneva convention. Further more the Red Cross will inspect the camps and give aid.

What ever happened to those criminals, they were taken care of by Homeland, and never heard from again.

When Martial laws happens, be very careful what you wear and carry.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Several men in tacticool black is like wearing orange in the woods. You will be noticed by everyone(especially by the guys in the armored personnel carriers). Go with khaki cargo pants, khaki long sleeve t-shirts, neitral windbreakers, and SMALL backpacks. Want even more urban cammo? Grocery store plastic bags, or paisley diaper bags.

·
Set Free
1,352 Posts
I would go with anything in flouresecent -orange,green,red and or any combination off all of them.Make sure everyone has hard hats at least a bump cap with chin straps this stuff can be bought in lots of 12 for a price break. Dont forget steel toed shoes they definetly need to be matching and color coordinated for sure. The last thing should be multi colored Mardi Gras beads and usually many strands work the best . Hope that helps:thumb:

·
Old Git
3,220 Posts
Urban setting, be "The Gray Man" blend in, look like everybody else. The guy running down the street in cammies and a MOLLE pack will stick out like a sore thumb.

So would the LA Dodgers baseball team, if they all ran together in their home white uniforms.

As long as your "cammo" fits the environment.
I agree the grey man system is best, where what everyone else wears, not mil or paramil, just dress bland, drab and uninteresting, put a plain simple drab waterproof cover over your expensive rucksack, wear your pants over your combat boots, not bloused until you are out of town.
NR

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well, you could wear military camo and everyone would think you have plenty of guns and ammo. Or you could wear hunting camo and everyone would think that you have plenty of meat at your house.

Or you could buy sturdy, natural tone work clothes and no one would think anything.

For me, if you form your own militia or Army and all of your people are dressed the same, I will view you as a threat when you gather. If your Militia rallies up in my neighborhood, I would be inclined to engage your formation before you start to like my neighborhood too much. I can only imagine that you plan on suiting your group up to display your strength when you project your power unto your neighbors to enhance your own survival. That tells me that your survival is exclusive to my survival.

Well armed + organized + lawless survival situation = Get out of my neighborhood

I won't be happy letting predators into my neighborhood.

·
V
21,713 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, maybe I'm just tired and grumpy....................

What are you wearing now everyday? This is what you should be wearing SHFT, TEOTWAWKI, SNAFU whatever you want to call it.......... Unless your going MadMax with the shoulder pads and chaps with your butt hanging out.

You do not want to stand out, you want to be wearing well worn in gear that is strong servicable and functional.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts