Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Shuriken snowflake
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
4,951 Posts
A type of hard-to-treat leukemia has been defeated in two patients, through new research. The method includes reprogramming the patient's immune system. If it IS as good as bone marrow transplant, there is a chance the patients will stay in remission.

Quite cool, huh?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...atients-own-blood-spurs-cancer-remission.html
If this was an alternative tx for cancer done on THREE pts it would be laughed at and ridiculed as being "unscientific" due to "small sample size"

Since they hope a drug cos will sponsor this "observational" study it will be touted as a "breakthrough" in cancer research...somebody has to justify all the cancer donations and money pumped into cancer research

These "breakthroughs" seem to pop up about every 6 months like clockwork.............ho hum

· Shuriken snowflake
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea sorry, I forgot all medicine is a scam created by the lizard people to kill off humans. And the real cure is happy thoughts, puppies and a "lifestyle change" and bam! you don't die from cancer.

· great survivalist *****
1,257 Posts
If this was an alternative tx for cancer done on THREE pts it would be laughed at and ridiculed as being "unscientific" due to "small sample size"

Since they hope a drug cos will sponsor this "observational" study it will be touted as a "breakthrough" in cancer research...somebody has to justify all the cancer donations and money pumped into cancer research

These "breakthroughs" seem to pop up about every 6 months like clockwork.............ho hum
your see how evidence-based medicine isn't running around saying they have cured cancer. there has to be a lot more research done on this study before it will be universally accepted evidence-based medicine treatment. the scientific method is very nice, to bad alt med doesn't use it.

when alternative medicine uses alternative medicine techniques to genetically re-engineer a patients blood cells, people may start to take it more seriously. But as long as giving someone a magic rock or a foot massage is considered and effective alt med cancer cure, alternative medicine will not be taken seriously.

· silenced
2,999 Posts
if they use genetically modified ingredients, i would be very cautious. just like in foods, gm ingredients cause allergies, asthma, autoimmune disease, and other problems not completely known because the variety and ever changing features of gm techniques on the cell/dna

although i am a big fan of stimulating your immune system with known products that modulate the immune system

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/ heres another new age cancer treatment using Personalized Gene Targeted Cancer Therapy

· Breaking necks
280 Posts
if they use genetically modified ingredients, i would be very cautious. just like in foods, gm ingredients cause allergies, asthma, autoimmune disease, and other problems not completely known because the variety and ever changing features of gm techniques on the cell/dna
Not only is this irrelevant to the topic, it is is very incorrect.

GM is a method and does not 'cause' any of those things, in fact they have even genetically removed allergens plants and foods.

· silenced
2,999 Posts
Not only is this irrelevant to the topic, it is is very incorrect.

GM is a method and does not 'cause' any of those things, in fact they have even genetically removed allergens plants and foods.
it is relevant and has correlation. gm ingredients are gm ingredients. if they use the same methods for foods as they do with these cells/dna, then they can have the same outcomes.

it has been noticed that when they introduce a new gm ingredient in food, allergies and asthma rose by 50% and other problems started to show in the future.

· Shuriken snowflake
16,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They don't use ingredients, they are not making a cake. They modify, on a genetic level, the patients' white blood cells (more exactly T-cells). So there is a genetic mod, within the patient itself. That is what the treatment IS. You can't hope they won't use the method when they are using the method...

So you would rather those people did not go through this. If this method proves efficient, if I ever get CLL, I would much prefer that to bone marrow transplant which is really really risky, because then you have to wipe out your entire immune system! Plus I get to keep my own cells, and not have the risk of reaction to the foreign cells.

If they gave me an allergy in the process, I'd still be alive.

But I strongly believe GM does not cause allergies of that magnitude. Even here we have a huge increase in allergies of all kinds, and we don't even use GM. I more buy into the hygiene hypothesis on allergies. Before someone derails, no I'm not pro GM foods anyway.

Something that actually does increase allergies is the use of soy. Soy is one of the most allergy provoking ones, GM or not. Livestock can get allergic, people ca, workers who handle soy can suddenly die, just unloading soy in harbors have caused people in nearby city drop dead from sudden onset asthma. Soy is used way, way too much.

I will follow this medical news (as I follow a lot of medical news of pure interest, other medical news I follow for personal reasons), and see if those patients die a most horrifying death from allergies or autoimmune...

Cancer research is by a huge mean sponsored by other companies and cancer foundations collecting money from individuals. No one forces you to give to them.

· silenced
2,999 Posts
im not saying the treatment is bad or good. i just made 1 observation about it. if techniques used to make the treatment are good and ethical in my eyes i would embrace it. but we know nothing about this treatment yet. how they genetically modify the human cells. or what they use to genetically modify the human cells. we just dont know.

they do use ingredients to make the newly formed genetically modified cell from your body.

if they use the same techniques like in plants they use lots of ingredients.

they take soy genes and bacterium genes, they have to use promotor genes, virus genes(like ecoli to help invade cell wall to make the new gene work) stabilizers and many other things.

· Banned
4,951 Posts
im not saying the treatment is bad or good. i just made 1 observation about it. if techniques used to make the treatment are good and ethical in my eyes i would embrace it. but we know nothing about this treatment yet. how they genetically modify the human cells. or what they use to genetically modify the human cells. we just dont know.

they do use ingredients to make the newly formed genetically modified cell from your body.

they take soy genes and bacterium genes, they have to use promotor genes, virus genes(like ecoli to help invade cell wall to make the new gene work) stabilizers and many other things.
some folks in medicine have 0 problem monkeying around w/ our genes...its been done for years in the production of certain vaccines....its bad enough every orifice seems to grant attention

· great survivalist *****
1,257 Posts

why do you hold evidence-based medicine to a higher standard than alt medicine? i have never seen you try to pick apart any alt med treatment, like this.

double standards?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.