Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a spring fed gravity water system for the house that tested positive for e-coli and coli-form. I am looking for permanent solution to put in place to cure this issue, looking for for best solution. We are new to having spring fed water on our property. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
So?

Does it make you sick?

Some labs will test positive on things that are way lower than the threshold that will hurt you.

Ok so not the answer you expected, but I’ve been through this selling a house where a lab tested positive on things had never bothered anyone.

The simple solution is that if it bothers you run everything you drink through a Berkey filter before you drink it! Any cooking, coffee, tea water gets boiled so it doesn’t matter.

If you’re worried about your spring getting contaminated once in a while the filter is an easy precaution you can live with!

SD

·
reluctant sinner
17,577 Posts
Who collected the sample? Its very easy to contaminate the sample. I'd look at reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink - drinking and cooking water. Anyone else on that spring or another one near by - how is their water?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts