Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May every year most of the towns in my state have a clean up week. People clean out their basements and garages and put it all out on the curb for the garbage men to haul away. It is a boulevard shoppers paradise. My wife and I made almost $1000 just picking up scrap iron, copper and aluminum. My son scored a 4bbl manifold for his truck, a snowblower and three lawnmowers. He sold one of the pushmowers after a little maintainance on it. One of them was a rider. I can't believe what the non survivalist consumers throw away. Bless their hearts! At one house I went to move a propane cylinder to get at something behind it and found that it was full.
In the word of Yakov Smirnoff. "What a country!"

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
We usually put junk on the curb for the junk hounds and crap rats. Most don't bother with my trash as you couldn't even burn it.

-Cade

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
OK, I admit it, I have been known to dig through peoples trash. My last expedition turned up a toolbox {crap} full of brand new tools!
There is nothing better than dumpster diving on an insurance construction job. The clean up crew throws everything away. Then, given the fact that most of these jobs are in older neighborhoods, the neighbors throw away away all of their unwanted stuff. I scored three gas grills from one dumpster not to long ago. They were complete with propane cylinders that all were ither full or had about 1/2 a tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts