Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Grevcon 10
13,827 Posts
The most entertaining thing about this is the chorus of anti-gunners all coming at this with the same answer: This wasn't a mass shooting. Not enough people died so this doesn't count.

There are a bunch of people who would be dead if there wasn't a CCW there. That destroys my argument that CCWs cause more death. I can't counter this in any way... so let's just say it doesn't count and can't be used in arguments for or against gun control.

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
The most entertaining thing about this is the chorus of anti-gunners all coming at this with the same answer: This wasn't a mass shooting. Not enough people died so this doesn't count.

There are a bunch of people who would be dead if there wasn't a CCW there. That destroys my argument that CCWs cause more death. I can't counter this in any way... so let's just say it doesn't count and can't be used in arguments for or against gun control.
Yep, those people don't think and can't think. They are probably of the same group (a large one) I saw interviewed today that didn't know the reason for or purpose of independence day. They didn't have a clue what it was about.:eek:

·
Grevcon 10
13,827 Posts
And the attacker is a shining example of how legislation doesn't work. The criminal has a gun no matter what. The victim has a gun to defend themselves with DESPITE law, not because of it.

A successful result of gun laws would be if the criminal was completely disarmed and the victim was well armed and no one but the criminal got hurt.

But these laws are never what we're discussing. It's always a discussion of getting turned into Australia where criminals are making their own SMGs while the citizenry are disarmed. We could discuss background checks and such, but only after the government can be trusted not to use it for banning guns from law abiding citizens. It sounds like a good idea, but no one here in the US trusts the rabidly anti-gun government that openly desires banning citizens from owning weapons for their own self interest to administer such programs. Because they have a long history of consistently abusing such laws.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
LYMAN, S.C.- Jody Ray Thompson was arrested Sunday morning following a shooting at the Playoffz Night Club.

Credit:Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office
Credit: Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office
Around 3:30 a.m. Thompson allegedly got into an altercation with another man and fired his gun several times into the crowd that had gathered.

He struck three victims, almost wounded a fourth, who drew his own weapon in self-defense and neutralized Thompson with a single shot to the leg.

The injured were taken for treatment at the hospital with no life threatening injuries.

The man who shot Thompson has a permit to legally carry a concealed weapon and will face no charges.

The 32-year-old Thompson is charged with four counts of Attempted Murder, Possession of a Weapon During the Commission of a Violent Crime, and Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon, according to the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.

There were several sources that covered it Breibart, Snopes, Washington times,KFOR.
NO NATIONAL MEDIA.
It doesn't fit their agenda.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At the same time they have thir "mass shooting list/map" and they extend it to 400 / year with stories like 1 gang member injured a rival gang member with a pistol.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are anti gun control. Why do you consider gun owners with permits a victory?

The guy is a shining example of how legislation makes gun ownership safer.
It's a victory for a gun owner and for innocent people who got saved, but it's definately not a victory for a licensing department.

Legislations didn't make gun ownership safer. A gun owner who carried made a night club safer. That's the news story about....

·
Remove Kebab
3,589 Posts
If you are anti gun control. Why do you consider gun owners with permits a victory?

This was a victory IN SPITE OF the legislation. Not because of it. Legislation did not stop the attacker. It didn't even make his attack more difficult to perform. I realize you are trolling but I couldn't help myself.

·
Free-ish Man
1,877 Posts

Who are you addressing? The OP simply posted a link. The take away here is that shooting back at the bad guy is the best way to make him stop what he's doing. Legislation didn't do a thing in this case or any other to make gun ownership safer. Both the BG and the GG had guns. One did the wrong thing with his gun, the other did the right thing. They would likely have done the same without legislation. Makes no difference.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was at a training on Active Shooters this week. The official definition of a mass shooting is three or more people (apart from the actor) intentionally subjected to lethal force. A gun does not even have to be involved. (A car, a plane, a gallon of gasoline can bring great carnage.) The SC innocent was lifted up at the training and was identified as an "active shooter" event by a Captain in the San Antonio TX Police Department charged with overseeing their SWAT units. His comment was stay armed, stay sober, and shoot the bast*rds and have legal insurance to get you out to the situation if you violate any technical laws like walking past signs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts