Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, My name is Shawn and I'm new too the site. Just wanted to get some opionins on a bug out bag scenario. I have had a bob siting ready for years and recently took it out and reevaluted it and am now upgrading it. But I was wondering.....in my particular situation, I am very far out in the country with few Neighbors and I know most of them. In the event anything should happen my plan of defense would most certainly be to bug in and hold the fort down. I was just wondering what some opinions would be of circumstances that come to mind that would cause me to need to bug out of my home/fort country retreat??? Please let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome, Much to learn here.

Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL (bug out location, if needed)?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Situations that could benefit you having a bob?

A natural disaster has occurred and a friend or family member needs you. You could need to go get them and a bob would be helpful.

A hurricane is headed your way and you've taken to the root cellar. Your home is gone now along with your supplies and it will take awhile to rebuild. Luckily you're prepared with a bob you grabbed on your way out.

You're in town getting supplies and a plane has crashed between town and your house. The secondary access road is blocked for emergency vehicles.

Friend calls you up and says HEY, me and some pals were going to the mountains for a week and someone cancelled. Want to take his place?

Gas leak at the neighbor's house. authorities are knocking frantically at your door shouting IT'S GONNA BLOW!

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
... I was just wondering what some opinions would be of circumstances that come to mind that would cause me to need to bug out of my home/fort country retreat??? Please let me know your thoughts!
Fires, floods, storms etc. Not only for attacks or invaders.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Hey guys, My name is Shawn and I'm new too the site. Just wanted to get some opionins on a bug out bag scenario. I have had a bob siting ready for years and recently took it out and reevaluted it and am now upgrading it. But I was wondering.....in my particular situation, I am very far out in the country with few Neighbors and I know most of them. In the event anything should happen my plan of defense would most certainly be to bug in and hold the fort down. I was just wondering what some opinions would be of circumstances that come to mind that would cause me to need to bug out of my home/fort country retreat??? Please let me know your thoughts!

there are as many types of BoB's as there are types of the SHTF. there are all types and levels of the SHTF. from grabbing a bag and driveing to a hotel 300 miles away to grabbing your pack and heading for the hills.it all depends on what is most likely to happen to you

to name a few but not limited to:

hurrican
tsunami
nuclear war (mad max)
foreign invasion (guerrella war)
forrest fire
vulcano eruption (to close to home)
nazi's comming to arrest you
deadly virus outbreak (in your town)
nuclear power plant meltdown (your down wind)
flooding

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,431 Posts
Howdy,

Wel.come to the forum from Northern California

I think a Bug Out Bag is pretty much a point A to point B kit. Decide how far you may need to go to get to a particular destination, how long it will take to get there (In worst case scenario) and what you will need to do so. Be it home or to a pre determined private location. Either way, it's to use what supplies you have packed in it to get you to more supplies.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Fires earthquakes and crazy cops are common in my area.

Fires~ until the fires stop
Earthquakes ~ until order is restored
Crazy cups ~ 48 hours of being off the grid

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, thats what I was loking for! Going out to rescue a family member in town durring termoil times really hit home, Thanks Hunter! And all the rest!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts