Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Christian Survivalist
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I had a few thoughts about Christmas. Here in my office there is a picture of Christ above my desk. I was thinking of Christmas of times past. With lots and lots of gifts for my family to somehow show I’ve made it or an expression of my love for them with some kind of object. Looking at that picture of Christ made me think a bit. What a gift he has given to me, and at great cost. Yet, I have no way of giving him a gift. In a world where we think about health plans, retirement plans, and mortgage plans, sometimes we are overcome with them, rather than the gifts that truly mean something. We can have hope of being with him again, through his sacrifice.

And for those familiar with this writing….

“And now I say, is there not a atype in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.”

…. Here’s to hope and sacrifice. Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Watchman
982 Posts
Tonight I had a few thoughts about Christmas. Here in my office there is a picture of Christ above my desk. I was thinking of Christmas of times past. With lots and lots of gifts for my family to somehow show I’ve made it or an expression of my love for them with some kind of object. Looking at that picture of Christ made me think a bit. What a gift he has given to me, and at great cost. Yet, I have no way of giving him a gift. In a world where we think about health plans, retirement plans, and mortgage plans, sometimes we are overcome with them, rather than the gifts that truly mean something. We can have hope of being with him again, through his sacrifice.

And for those familiar with this writing….

“And now I say, is there not a atype in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.”

…. Here’s to hope and sacrifice. Merry Christmas everyone.
Thanks, that was beautiful. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think we all get drawn in by worldly things and thoughts, human nature. It's tough to keep focused on what's truly important, eternity. We should all take the time to stop from the hustle and bustle and reflect.... thus we all become lost in this broken world. Merry Christmas!!! :thumb:

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
Doing good deeds, worshiping, spreading God's message, are ways we can please Him.

I, you, and every one else in the world are sinners. But it's through the blood of Christ that we are saved.

Merry Christmas everyone.

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23
Christ died for us; much more therefore, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:9

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Well said all.

I think the present-giving part of Christmas has gotten out-of-hand. Even some Christians are upset if they are told you won't be giving them a present this year and instead focusing on the true meaning of the day. It seems we have things backwards.

Yet, I'll be giving presents; just to my wife, grandson and two nephews. I think that is enough. t's tough telling small children why they aren't getting something. The wife, well, you married guys know what I'm talking about. :)

Merry Christmas all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts