Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into far too many folks that think takin' a dump in the woods is beneath them. Guys who talk about "Unless you have a $250,000 bomb shelter it's not even worth trying." People hell bent on getting solar panels and wind turbines now so they can have their TIVO when it all goes down. Folks stocking up for short term events, because "America will never let anything too bad happen." The guys that think just having guns (Usually just 1) and ammo will insure their survival. Pacifists who just have food and other necessary items, cause crime of so non-existent now, that when there's no law people will continue to love and respect each other.

I don't have the funding to prep for every contingency, but I'll be damned if I'm not trying. I'm not throwing all of my money into nuke survival, nor am I going broke and hungry because of my ammo purchases. I don't understand the mindset that you're getting prepared for only one thing. Internet survivalists sit here and talk sh*t about how much they've got, post pictures directly off Costco's website, and jump on everyone else because they aren't anywhere near the prep level they need. If you don't have at least 45 days worth of Stupid Medication #293 you're a jackass. Where the hell does this line of thought come from? These sites and forums attract so many internet Special Forces guys and Ninjas it's no longer funny to even pick on them. Everyone's an expert but you and you should just give up. Your BOV's a Ford? You kiddin' me? Yer screwed buddy. You've got a kid? There's no way you'll be able to make it. Why do you have prep food in your house? You know you can't bug out with that. My survival library is MacGuyver on DVD, I've tried that stuff man... It really works.

I need to slap a lot of people. Soon.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Every survivslist is different, OK? I consider my self more of a "prepper" than a survivalist, but survivalist is a more convenient term, so I use it instead.
I am a prepper who: has bought several firearms, has a BOL and a plan to reach said BOL, several BOBs and a good (although not sufficient!) supply of food and ammo.

I'm prepping for a long term economic collapse, and all the crap that will go along with that situation. It doesn't make me less of a survivalist just becuase I have .22s insted of AKs, or just because I have a cabin in the woods instead of a bomb shelter. We're all different, and have different motivations, different means for prepping, and different things we're prepping for.

It's all good, bro, don't fret about it...:upsidedown:

HippieSurvivalist

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't understand the mindset that you're getting prepared for only one thing.
I don't understand it either. There's a lot of people on this website that will jump all over my ass for even talking about bugging out. As if my flimsy house is the place to be when all hell breaks lose. For Christ sake, I worry the roof will fly off when there's even a light wind. LOL. Who can blame me for making my BOB my top priority?

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Slap Me Happy

Thank you Kuting. You made my day with this post. Hope you feel better too ;)

I bugged out years ago for real, still bugged out. I don't own a firearm, let alone one for every possible occasion, prolly never will. Nukes-smukes. My kids are adults and can look after themselves I know. My prep is what I can carry with me, and trying to gain useful skills. I have no real concept of WTH SHTF will be, if it ever happens at all. There are no Reds under my bed, or zombies or aliens.

Having said that, I like much of this forum for what people provide, and coz I like to share if I can. You can usually pick the mall ninjas, ramboniacs, and hopeful doomsdayers pretty quickly and work around them.

So, Slap away I say

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
I agree. Slap my friend slap. But WHats with the ford thing. Its what I could afford and works good for me. Some people who actualy do what the say. Make differant things work well for them and may not for others.

·
1,794 Posts
It would be great if there were one preparedness plan that would be suitable for everyone. Of couse, that is not reality. People have differing views on preparedness due to their environment, financial capabilities, beliefs, location and other factors. Each plan is customized to the individual putting it together. While it is great to expound the virtues of one's opinion, the line gets crossed when we fail to understand that the circumstances of others are not the same as ourselves. One must select the information that they think is important for their particular needs. As things change, one's preparedness plans should be adjusted accordingly. I try to not worry myself about what others have as this practice is counterproductive to my own preparation plans.

·
Intemporaliter Fidelis
282 Posts
I have some preps but I still think skills are more important than things. If the S ever does HTF I just think things will draw unwanted attention. and besides things have a habit of breaking. It is nice to know how to make the things I need to survive.
Besides I have said it before most people wouldn't look twice at some guy running around in buckskins carrying a hickory long bow and gun stock war club. If I need shelter I will build it. If I am hungry I will hunt,Trap, and forage. as far as intertainment I don't think in a situaion like that you will have time for it.
I keep preps mainly in case SHTF in the winter.

I always prefer to K.I.S.S
Elaborate plans are just more things that can go wrong.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I ain't no special forces, ninja, survivalist or prepper. I am a ******* who can hunt, fish, eat whatever, drink whatever and knows what or when the SHTF we are all S***ed. I got a couple of guns (no semi anything, some nice Soldier will provide that), I don't have large quantities of food, or have a bunch of BOB's in the door or Hyundai. I enjoy reading yall's opinions, ideas and clues. Maybe we are not the same, prepare the same or know the same, but when it HTF I hope you know I will help you with my supplies and knowledge. So, let's be prepared and happy.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I am addicted to this forum, I enjoy looking at people's guns,knives ,camping goods ,bovs,, bols ,bobs and I have learned a lot of good info as well. Since joining this site,I have made an effort to build up a 20-30 day supply of canned goods and drinking water , I've been picking up ammo ,weapons and other supplies for the last 2 years. Most of us can sense that a downward spiral of society is in the near future ,the catalyst of this change is unknown to us but it appears at this point to be economic collapse at the forefront.That being said, I think that preparing for a world in which a major event may not happen ,is every bit as important as preparing for a world full of disaster.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Ya start,

slapping your self and quit whining over nothing. You have a difference of opinion with someone else, so. Get over it and start getting ready for the future. Everyone has there own way to get what they think is a priority accomplished. Instead of being a crybaby sally, post something useful. IMHO

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts