Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baby Yoda

Votes: 10 50.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ebola brought me here
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this puppy yesterday living between a dumpster and a dollar general. I took him home last night, fed him, made him comfortable and worked on socializing him. The plan was to keep him overnight and drop him at a shelter today, which I did.

I have 2 large dogs already, live alone and am at/in transit to and from work for about 16 hours a day. My dogs have access to my backyard through an electronic doggy door and little dogs have not been able to get through it because it's high off the ground and thick plastic (instead of rubber), so I am limited to owning big dogs.

I like dogs more than humans so dropping a dog at a shelter was difficult, but I think he has a high chance of getting adopted. People like little rat-looking dogs, I don't know why, but they do. I think there's some Rat Terrier in him b/c of his coloring, yoda ears and skinny tail. I'll go by and check on him while he's in the shelter and if it looks like he's not going to get adopted I'll bring him home and try to make it work.

But for now, I'm trying to get him adopted, primarily through facebook sharing. I think his story will get more shares if I give him a silly name. And I can give him a shelter name by making a donation, so that's what I'll do.

I've got a few names in mind right now, vote for which one you think would draw more attention to him, or if you can think of something funnier, suggest it.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I found this puppy yesterday living between a dumpster and a dollar general. I took him home last night, fed him, made him comfortable and worked on socializing him. The plan was to keep him overnight and drop him at a shelter today, which I did.

I have 2 large dogs already, live alone and am at/in transit to and from work for about 16 hours a day. My dogs have access to my backyard through an electronic doggy door and little dogs have not been able to get through it because it's high off the ground and thick plastic (instead of rubber), so I am limited to owning big dogs.

I like dogs more than humans so dropping a dog at a shelter was difficult, but I think he has a high chance of getting adopted. People like little rat-looking dogs, I don't know why, but they do. I think there's some Rat Terrier in him b/c of his coloring, yoda ears and skinny tail. I'll go by and check on him while he's in the shelter and if it looks like he's not going to get adopted I'll bring him home and try to make it work.

But for now, I'm trying to get him adopted, primarily through facebook sharing. I think his story will get more shares if I give him a silly name. And I can give him a shelter name by making a donation, so that's what I'll do.

I've got a few names in mind right now, vote for which one you think would draw more attention to him, or if you can think of something funnier, suggest it.

Eeyore!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
i'm glad you found him. Animals that come to our home never leave. this morning I woke up to a wife, a brittiany, a great pyrenees and a springer spaniel in the bed. another pyrenees on the floor and 4 horses in the yard. I'll be doing fence work today

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
I don't know why but the name Doodles popped into my head when I seen those beautiful, sad eyes. He could be called Doo.

Reactions: ActionJackson

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
i'm glad you found him. Animals that come to our home never leave. this morning I woke up to a wife, a brittiany, a great pyrenees and a springer spaniel in the bed. another pyrenees on the floor and 4 horses in the yard. I'll be doing fence work today

May I suggest doing some "ark" work?

·
Registered
16,152 Posts
I would affectionately name him Dorp.

We were camping years ago with friends that had a dog named Fart. Well he ran off and we ran around the campground calling "here fart, here fart" I will never name a dog something that i wouldn't want to say in public.

We had a neighbor that named his dog Udamn, he was used to being called "you damn dog"

·
Ebola brought me here
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright I chose Baron Von Funkmeister III, b/c it had a lot of votes & b/c it's awesome.

Thanks y'all for participating!

And to whoever else picked Bobby Blotzer, a special thank you! Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks the band members from Rat have fun names.

·
Registered
957 Posts
If properly trained that dog will be very loyal to the right owner. But no stupid names. He is a little insecure right now. But his correct name is Mac.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Huey with the helicopter-blade ears.

Edited to add: It's probably best that you took him in. His owners might be looking for him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts