Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching to see if this topic has been covered already.
The link shows a video of a chicken waterer that is very easy to build. It saves a ton of time. Plus you don’t have to reach into the nasty coop. What’s even better is that they can’t poop in this water supply. Its just plain awesome.
The same guy has a web page with a little more detail.
I bought mine from www.qcsupply.com. here is the link http://www.qcsupply.com/420005-poly-stainless-steel-nipple.html
I bought mine for 81 cents a piece but now they are 90 cents a piece.

Guys I realize that this may have been addressed somewhere on the forum. I did not see it by searching the forum using “advanced search”. Please don’t complain about my post.
This is my 3rd post ever. I was impressed with this waterer and I just want to share it.

keywords: poultry chicken water waterer nipple watering

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I use the nipple waterer for our brooder. They are made to use a pressure regulator but I connect ours to a bucket of water close to the ceiling. It provides adequate pressure. There are also cups that attach under the nipple to help keep bedding dry. I purchased ours from TEK Supply. I lucked out and got our from the clearance section.
They normally use square PVC for the pipe and fittings but I'm sure round would work.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
You should put this over in the gardening section. That's where all us chicken people hang out.

I was looking into those awhile ago and thinking I could come up with a heated waterer for winter use with them here. At the moment we haul water 3 times a day in the winter to avoid it freezing completely. I set the metal waterer in a mound of manure on the floor to keep it from freezing. It gets dirty so it's not ideal but it's better than ice.

Really do need to come up with a water warmer that requires no electric.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts