Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Demon of the Midwest
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...the-revolver-and-their-head-in-aluminum-foil/

Chiappa adding RFID Chips to their guns. MKS suggests concerned consumers “wrap the revolver and their head in aluminum foil”

The sale of Chiappa firearms in the USA is about to plummet. They have just made the worst gun industry PR move of the decade.

Earlier this week gun bloggers and forum readers noticed that Chiappa Firearms, Italy, had issued a press release saying that they were going to embed RFID chips into their firearms.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
You know the only rfid "tags", and I use the term very loosly, that I know that can be detected at 30 meters are the battery powered ones. At least from what I have been around. I don't think they should have them hidden in the gun, but its a manufacturering thing done with almost every other industry to prevent loss or catch bad batches. I don't see the issue.

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
You know the only rfid "tags", and I use the term very loosely, that I know that can be detected at 30 meters are the battery powered ones. At least from what I have been around. I don't think they should have them hidden in the gun, but its a manufacture ring thing done with almost every other industry to prevent loss or catch bad batches. I don't see the issue.
Well I see a big issue. You ca go down to radio shack and get the stuff to drive down a road and read the chips in peoples houses. So what happens when criminals do that and use those to locate your weapons? Or per chance they could actually use it to locate where you are in the house while you are armed protecting your family. I dint want any chips in any of my stuff. My business with them ended when I payed for the item and walked out of the gun shop. What I have is nobodies concern if I'm a law abiding citizen. Stay out of my house with any of there prying for information,nosy things. I just flat out refuse to give them any more info then they already have. Granted they are not a company I would deal with before. But I know now I will help others find other choices at every opportunity I can.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Well I see a big issue. You ca go down to radio shack and get the stuff to drive down a road and read the chips in peoples houses. So what happens when criminals do that and use those to locate your weapons? Or per chance they could actually use it to locate where you are in the house while you are armed protecting your family. I dint want any chips in any of my stuff. My business with them ended when I payed for the item and walked out of the gun shop. What I have is nobodies concern if I'm a law abiding citizen. Stay out of my house with any of there prying for information,nosy things. I just flat out refuse to give them any more info then they already have. Granted they are not a company I would deal with before. But I know now I will help others find other choices at every opportunity I can.
Ummm maybe if you are walking in there yard and they have placed the firearms against the wall.

1. This isn't done for big bother this done so you get good quality. Paranoia is grand if they are out to get you, but just because you hear gun shots doesn't mean someone is out to get you. It might be someone shooting at a gun range, or killing a pest.

2. Unless they make a component in the gun integral and RFID it can be taken out.

3. Do you know jack squat about RFID beyond what you have read on some god awful website that stretch the truth so bad its like biscuts in stalin grad?

RFID tags for the most part the size photo graphed have to be within a few feet even with the best trans/receiver setup and especially since this tag is encased in metal which may block the signal (no it probably wont work as a antenna like some will think).

Also what information is on this RFID, and the only RFID tags that I know that can collect data are ones that are about the size of a old cellphone, and must either be programed by a computer, or via a wireless device within a few feet.

I appreciate that you don't want people over stepping your rights to privacy. However this is about the same fear as the idiots a few years ago trying to ban hunting because of the environmental impact of lead on society. Those tags are probably nothing but a little number strand connected to a warehouse inventory list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts