Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article somewhere where the number of police checkpoints nationwide has skyrocketed. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good BB or website that people could post locations. A site that is frequented alot because in my search I have found a few but hardly anybody goes there.

·
Just a rock & spear guy
1,333 Posts
Locations for checkpoints will vary according to what the local gendarmes are looking for. Drunks & drugs are one thing. Restricting movement is another. Learn where they will be in your area. Nobody's gonna post any information usefull on a large scale as it will be good only for their individual AO.

As a general rule one should have alternate routes to get where ever you need to be by not using limited access highways & state roads. Learn to take advantage or allyways, large parking lots, unpaved roads, gated fire roads, snowmobile trails & backyards (if need be). The last will attract attention so that's a last resort.

As far as the gated trail question goes; You do have a gas powered circular saw in your BOV, right ?

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checkpoints are put up for DUI or warrents or "safety" ie insurance checks. I have found some local services that send text messages to your cellphone of checkpoint location or freeway congestion. That is a good idea about the cut off saw. I have 1000w inverters in my vehicles, I wonder how usefull an electric cutoff would be. But then you would have to drag out the cord . . .

·
Time to hit reset
25,656 Posts
Well one way to monitor checkpoits is the 'old school' way....a CB radio and listen to the truckers. But that would only apply to freeways, state roads and such, not residential streets or other areas where truck travel is restricted.

·
Gott Mit Uns
2,854 Posts
Last I learned in the Academy was check points had to be posted to the public before they go up. Pretty strict rules, have to be random i.e. every 3rd car or every some other arbitrary thing. Very limited on time they can keep you, unless probable cause is found in a hurry. I am not sure but I got the impression the instructor meant that they posted it in the paper the day before. Now SHTF roadblock ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.