Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
aka pop
268 Posts
I like it and my son (12yrs old) likes it and the daughter on the show.
One of the things I learned over the years is, there is more that I don't know that I didn't know, I did not know.
Short version.....I can always learn something new. Even if it is a gun, cartridge, history of either, tools, methods...etc...etc...so I sometimes watch or read material just to try and learn.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
I like it and my son (12yrs old) likes it and the daughter on the show.
One of the things I learned over the years is, there is more that I don't know that I didn't know, I did not know.
Short version.....I can always learn something new. Even if it is a gun, cartridge, history of either, tools, methods...etc...etc...so I sometimes watch or read material just to try and learn.
i think the show is more for entertainment than education though... granted you can learn something once in a while, but i dislike the whole reality show concept... stress induced by tight deadlines, individual interviews on conflicting personalities or priorities... I'm kinda tired of the whole equation.

this is the exact same show as american choppers except their market base if firearms instead of motorcycles.... and american choppers has way more unique designs, instead of just, hey i like this AR concept...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks like they tore a page from the Marc Krebs journal for the show. :)

Marc has a nearly finished product out that truly is a work of art in terms of long range accuracy with the AK. This isn't something he dreamed up over night, it's taken several years of constant research, trial and error and perfecting the system to get it where it is today. From what I hear, it's about ready for prime time.

·
space samurai
455 Posts
if you tighten up the tolerences of an AK to make it more accurate, your loseing the slop that makes them "more reliable".
it doesnt make sense to me personaly, other than its cool to see someone takeing a platform and maxing out its abilities.

·
Compulsive Hoarder
50 Posts
Having watched that episode ... they didn't show the 1000 yard range they were supposedly shooting at. I suspect that the car with bad-guy silhouette was only a couple hundred yards away. I'm guessing the final product is in the >1 MOA accuracy range.

·
Plays best, alone
4,969 Posts
Not a fan of the show either, some episodes looked really fake. The Gov contractor wearing dark glasses and wanting a gun mount for vehicles that doesn't expose the shooter to return fire as an example.

A Saiga in 308 is not a 1000 yd AK, at least not to me. :xeye:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i love the show it is just never on when i have time to watch tv. I missed the show the second time, the owner sounds so down to earth lol. Granted, some things people do to their ak's make them more ar than ak and the part i did catch looked no different.

·
Banned
177 Posts
the amount of suppression on the shotgun was still not enough to really suppress it. true they reduce the noise but they made it sound like they had reduced it to the point you couldn't hear it. that just my opinion
Oh ok I gotcha. I agree 100%. They do over state their suppressors abilities sometimes. They acted like they made it sound as quiet as it was in the movie, which we all know is impossible.

The "triamese" m16 gun was kinda dumb and kind of useless imho.

·
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
6,767 Posts
Oh ok I gotcha. I agree 100%. They do over state their suppressors abilities sometimes. They acted like they made it sound as quiet as it was in the movie, which we all know is impossible.

The "triamese" m16 gun was kinda dumb and kind of useless imho.
no problem I work in the industry checked with my class III person at work thats when I decided it was mostly show.

·
Banned
12,043 Posts
I happened to catch it tonight. For all you guys who think you need a full auto everything. You need take a look at the near Pwning Chris got when someone fired an AK in semi almost as fast as he did full auto. Aw hell it was only 1/10 of a second slower so I consider it a pwning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts