Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My wife's the knife collector in the family. Sometimes when she buys a new knife, they toss in a cheap one to sweeten the deal, and she gives those to me. As a result I have more small, decent folders than I need.

FIXED not folder.

ANd the intent is to have duplicates of the SAME knife so that I can toss one should it be necessary and be out very little.

Carpet cutters/Razer blade knives are too small, moral are too large.

Look up the Km bar TDI and Shivworks knives to get the nitch concept.

Got plenty of cheap folders and fixed blades, want to buy 6-12 identical knives for ~$100.

·
Start up the rotors
7,648 Posts
Not $10, but not much more and it comes with a good sheath:

·
Bug-In Prepper
852 Posts
Ah .. sorry, I should have read more carefully.

Most of my fixed blade knives are bayonets, but I did pick up this small knife a while back for EDC and I'm happy with it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VF5HV7/ Eafengrow EF117 4.96" fixed blade

At $15 it's at the high end of your price range.

It came with a sheath, which I hated and ended up throwing away. I made a sheath for it out of cardboard and packing tape. The knife itself takes an edge, holds it reasonably well (the steel's only semi-hard), is stainless, and fits nicely in my fingers.

·
Registered
550 Posts
My Dad worked for a major razor blade manufacturer for 2 decades. I have every manner of razor blade knife that exists I think. Work gave them out as freebies and he passed some along. Some are too specialized like the belt cutter, but some are almost like a normal clip pocket knife.

I have some of the Wal-Mart Saltwater bait knives. Seem decent enough and as said are a knock off Mora. I bought each family member a different color Mora a few years ago. I matched their flashlights to the same color. lol

For every day, I carry a Gerber Air Ranger folder. I like the partial seration to cut cord and such. I think I paid $15 at Cabela's. It is big enough to be a weapon if I am pressed, but sedate enough not to get me arrested at work.

·
Registered
11,673 Posts
You do realize that it is not TSA selling those knives, right? The sellers are people who bought huge lots of knives FROM TSA, sorted out anything that was worth more than a few bucks and then sells the complete JUNK on ebay in lots. The "good" knives are either kept or sold individually. I have watched dozens of TSA lot unboxing videos on the tube, never, not once was a genuine swiss army knife in the "random" lot of knives, they were all complete garbage, most were unsafe or filthy as well.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts