Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
E&E enthusiast
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where they are for sale cheap?
Most 24 hour ration packs on ebay sell for around a tenner so i just wondered if anyone here knows a cheaper source?

·
V
21,713 Posts
You can put your own together for alot less mate, something I'm looking into atm and will do a full review once completed.

Starting with:
Micro Wave Tia Green Curry (in pouch no tin) 79p
Micro Wave Egg Fried Rice (in pouch no tin) 59p

Both can be emptied out and cooked in a pan. I thought it best to start with main meal and work everything else around that. Trying to avoid stuff that needs too much water to cook.

If I remember correctly ration packs (at least the ones we had)

Meals
Breakfast (Bacon Grill, Beans and Sausage, porridge)
Lunch (crackers and pate or spread)
Main Meal (curry, hotpot, stew)

Misc
Tea Sugar Powder Milk Chocolate bar (usually Yorkie or Rollo's)

I'm sure Ive forgotten stuff but its been best part of 12yrs. I'm working on the premise of 1 good meal and stuff to fill the gap :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one last month for pure nostalgia and to show the kids what they were like :)

Got it from here...

SurplusandOutdoors.com - rat packs

The contents have improved somewhat since I used them 20 years ago. Even has a mini bottle of Tabasco sauce now!

£12.99 for the box. It will be a close run thing to make it yourself for less - unless you buy a major bulk quantities - but if you drop it some of the unnecessary luxuries (paper tissues and matches) you could probably come quite close.

If I remember correctly, there is something like 2500 calories in the box. Since most of us are looking for emergency supplies to tide us over for a while, you could probably drop the calorie count to 2000. I wouldn't expect to be in a combat ready situation, just surviving until whatever situation stabilizes.

Kevin

·
Agent of Influence
1,938 Posts
I got a box of 10 British army rations for £30 on ebay. The seller was close to where i lived and i contacted him to pick them up directly so saving on postage and he gave me a discount for buying in bulk.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Has anyone else tried the MREs from millets? I recently tried the pilau rice pack and wasnt as impressed as i thought i would be for the price, has anyone else tried some others?

As for my personnal choice and what is in my BOB (if you can call it that) are the pasta ready meal things that you can pick up in supermarkets, while requiring water to cook they do provide a good meal and are the best and cheapest way i can fit my needs, until i find a better alternative like Englander

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts