Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
I've got a bad feeling...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land prices in my area are outrageous... at least to me... tens of thousands $$ per acre.

The land I currently own is not suitable for long-term survival.

I read in another post that you could find some cheap land south of El Paso TX. Was curious if anyone else had suggestions on places to find relatively cheap land in the US that would be fairly well suited for a survival scenario?

·
Banned
486 Posts
South Dakota has great land and cheap right now prime land im talking. Rather your looking for flat lands on the Eastern part of the state or the Mountains on the Western Hills part of the state.

The state is in the northern middle part of the country safe from most sea bound attacks. little to no mother earth things to worry about rare tornados but thats about it. Good summers and Great winters! Lots of jobs and good solid people. Low crime great schools.

·
The end is near.
1,376 Posts
Arkansas has cheap land. I'm looking into land in Arkansas and Tennessee right now. I've found deals there that would be suitable for a small homestead for 30K-50K. I've been looking at land that already has a home on it, complete with septic, electric hookup, and well so I can keep the cost and work of putting a home on it to a minimum.

http://www.landsofarkansas.com
http://www.landsoftennessee.com

I've been using those two websites to get a look at what's available. If you are going to move what will you do for work once you get there? Places with cheap land aren't known for a booming economy or easily found jobs. We're getting around that by working a job that I can transfer into those areas. I work for Walmart right now and I can transfer that job when I move, giving me an income to work with. I'm not too proud to work as a Janitor for Wally World, so we'll be OK once we're there. Also, we intend to start a business once we're there that revolves around our homestead so we can bring in extra cash. We're hoping to reduce our dependence on the company that employs me there. Growing/raising our own food will greatly reduce the amount of money it takes to feed the family each month. Producing our own fuel for our vehicles and getting off the grid should further reduce our monthly bills as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
East Texas,around lufkin.I bought a nice mobile home out in the country on 5 acres for $24;000. I saw 1 1/2 acre place for $10.000.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Land prices in my area are outrageous... at least to me... tens of thousands $$ per acre.

The land I currently own is not suitable for long-term survival.

I read in another post that you could find some cheap land south of El Paso TX. Was curious if anyone else had suggestions on places to find relatively cheap land in the US that would be fairly well suited for a survival scenario?
South of El Paso of course puts you in Mexico.
East of there tho is some varied terrain in Brewster county, and what are still reasonable prices. Check these guys. I got 40 acres a while back.
http://www.maklandcompany.com/

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
you have to look ahead of the development curve. And you have to be willing to buy larger than 20 acres in most cases. Otherwise you'll be paying 8K-12K per acre.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When choosing your land please remember that there are several relatively unknown missile silos, active and deactivated, around many of the mentioned states that may still be on an enemies target listing. I don't know if posting links is generally accepted here or not, but this map is the most accurate map I have seen when it comes to choosing places well away from possible primary, secondary and tertiary targets of our percieved and hidden enemies. Remember, though the assets of the US Gov't that exist near you may be disabled, that does not exactly mean that our enemies got that memo... Enjoy the link, I realize that it is older, but it gave me much food for thought and is an invaluable asset to those seeking to include nuclear preparedness in their portfolio of the 'got it covered' SHTF scenarios.

http://www.ki4u.com/nuclearsurvival/list.htm

I also have had much success in finding large acreage in Nevada, also a VERY gun friendly state, around the cities of Winnemucca and Ruby Valley (North Central Nevada).
MichaelJF

·
Banned
486 Posts
I bought a Clear 7 acre Ranch land with a nice 5 bedroom 2 bathroom house with basement with modern garage and horse stall and out building I paid 100k lock stock and barrell for the whole lot. I think I got a good deal!

·
bad grammar deal with it
452 Posts
I bought a Clear 7 acre Ranch land with a nice 5 bedroom 2 bathroom house with basement with modern garage and horse stall and out building I paid 100k lock stock and barrell for the whole lot. I think I got a good deal!
Sounds like you got a darn good deal

·
Registered
102 Posts
out here in oregon i know of a piece that has not sold as of a few days ago, 3.67 acres i think it is. right on a creek about 10 miles from the nearest (3000 person) town and about 35-40 miles from the next bigger (20000) town. gorgeous property...for 49,000 or 54000(can't remember exactly but thats the ballpark)...yes, spendy, but if you have something to sell it would be perfect. in the mountains, plenty of game, blm land w forest.

·
^Movie Quote^
13 Posts
Ebay has the best prices on land that I've seen. The areas I always check are NM, Arkansas, and Arizona. Michigan and the Midwest have the best home prices.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts