Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I picked up some buckets a few weeks ago from a local sub shop called Firehouse Subs, Up until yesterday I was under the impression that there were only 2 of these in Colorado....Come to find out there are over 430 locations and growing. Now I don't work for this company or know anyone who does but they have the most AMAZING food I have ever had in my entire life, The staff at the highlands ranch location is god awful and have screwed up my order the last 3 times I went there and then even had the nerve to argue with me so heads up if you go to this one.

Food is great tho!

Onto the good news...

(from the website)
Pickle Buckets - Purchase an empty five-gallon pickle bucket from any Firehouse Subs and you’re donating to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. Only $2 each; every cent helps emergency services in their life-saving efforts. Use the pickle buckets for painting, gardening, washing the car, building sand castles, anything you can think of. Stop by any Firehouse Subs today and stock up.

So go have some great food and then pick up some 5 gallon buckets at your sub shop not only do you get a great food storage (or anything for that matter) bucket for only $2.00 but your also helping out the firemen every time you do it

I pick up as many as I can whenever I am there. Also the lids are obviously not worth much but they will still work till you can head to somewhere else and get some different ones. They do smell like pickles something fierce so make sure you let them soak overnight in soapy water or something similar.
And beware your trunk will smell like pickles forever so don't spill any of the juice in there! :thumb:

Here is the website you can see if there is a location by you!

http://www.firehousesubs.com/How-You-Can-Help.aspx

Hope this helps some people out! :D:

·
Para Bellum
3,855 Posts
Closest one is a couple hours away, but I travel that way every couple months. Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely stop next time I'm there. Whether or not I get any buckets, I'm always up for trying new sub shops!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, since I just found out there is one in Tacoma, WA I will swing buy and give this a try cuz I love me a good hot sammich, maybe even buy a bucket or two while I am there :D:

Just as an aside, if you are talking about great sandwiches (rather than good and cheap buckets) there in Colorado, you have to swing by Pat's Philly Cheesesteak... when I lived out in Denver, that place had just opened and was amazing, especially the "Patastrami"

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, since I just found out there is one in Tacoma, WA I will swing buy and give this a try cuz I love me a good hot sammich, maybe even buy a bucket or two while I am there :D:

Just as an aside, if you are talking about great sandwiches (rather than good and cheap buckets) there in Colorado, you have to swing by Pat's Philly Cheesesteak... when I lived out in Denver, that place had just opened and was amazing, especially the "Patastrami"
I have been there, it is amazing, I think its the most authentic cheesesteak I have ever had (since ive never been to philly) The steak and cheese at firehouse is to die for as well, but not a cheese steak. But ya grab some buckets you cant go wrong for $2.00

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,572 Posts
We don't have them here, which is a shame. I'd go just for the buckets. That's a good cause.

·
Raving Loony
2,253 Posts
Hey I'd never heard of them before, but turns out there is one right on the route I take to get to Grandma's every week. Even if I don't score any buckets-for-a-good-cause, I'm always up for a new sub joint. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well hey I guess I can help promote them lol but the buckets were the main idea of my post but thats ok too i guess!

·
Prepared Gourmet
2,964 Posts
I tried Firehouse Subs here once and will never go back. I was not impressed with the food (or the staff/service either but that is more 'store'-based than franchise-wide I would think). However, I am not much into Subway/Quizno-type subs either so perhaps one cannot judge by my tastes.

What I will say, MtnBikeMike, is that they should pay you for the promotion! And give you free buckets too.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried Firehouse Subs here once and will never go back. I was not impressed with the food (or the staff/service either but that is more 'store'-based than franchise-wide I would think). However, I am not much into Subway/Quizno-type subs either so perhaps one cannot judge by my tastes.

What I will say, MtnBikeMike, is that they should pay you for the promotion! And give you free buckets too.

Free buckets sounds good, but I have to say im considering calling the manager today to complain about my experience saturday, it was the worst dining experience I have ever had they were absolutely HORRIBLE. I had to get up and go watch the guy make my sandwich cuz i was worried about him spitting in it. RUDE RUDE RUDE, worst customer service I have ever had. However the food is great (if you like hot subs) its a shame that some punk 20 year olds can ruin a companies rep like that tho. And 3 visits in a row they screwed up my order.

·
68,572 Posts

I'm not a subs/sandwich kind of guy myself. I only go to the local Subway because of the buckets. They've been a reliable source for me.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
I used to eat at one frequently in Florida. It was near work.

I hadn't realized they were a national chain. Thought they were just local.

Definitely good food. And they sell hot sauce in these little fire hydrant shaped bottles. It's very good too.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
I'm not a subs/sandwich kind of guy myself. I only go to the local Subway because of the buckets. They've been a reliable source for me.
My local Subway looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked if they got any food in plastic buckets.

Maybe I was talking to a new hire. Guess I need to check again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used to eat at one frequently in Florida. It was near work.

I hadn't realized they were a national chain. Thought they were just local.

Definitely good food. And they sell hot sauce in these little fire hydrant shaped bottles. It's very good too.

I did buy some of that hot sauce but i havent tried it on anything yet, what do you eat it on?

·
68,572 Posts
My local Subway looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked if they got any food in plastic buckets.

Maybe I was talking to a new hire. Guess I need to check again.
It's been a while since I got buckets from them, but mine usually had pickle buckets. I hate cleaning the pickle smell out, but when I need buckets, I need buckets. Maybe they get their pickles in those big bags now?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts