Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Survivalist
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know where i can get a cheap big good quality backpack. Preferably military style. For $60 dollars or cheaper. I need a big backpack or good alternative for my bug out bag.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try this:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

I have 3 of them. I carried a 60lb load when i went on a 4 day backpacking trip. The quality is as good as a maxpedition. I wouldn't have purchased a maxpedition if i had seen this first. You won't be disappointed.

Features
Dual compression straps
Exterior straps to hold MOLLE compatible gear
Removable 2" waist strap
Main compartment has interior organization system
19" tall X 13" wide X 12" thick at bottom and 9" at the top
2590 cubic inches
Made to carry heavy loads

·
Survivalist
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you citydweller that is the first nice looking backpack that is decent size for the price.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
One of the members sells packs. Talk to him about what yer lookin for.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=175207
I bought one and my second one is on the way.

Build a paracord handle
And you got a strong,inexpensive,huge, bug out bag
Google "Alice pack"
Replace the belt replace the belt and some straps and you have a "hellcat"

For about 50 bucks more you can get a maxpedition vulture 2

·
Cry havoc..
1,102 Posts
Or try this.

Amazon.com: UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag - Dark Earth: Sports & Outdoors

UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag - Dark Earth

Smaller than a backpack but I use it as an EDC, and have for about 9 months. Still in great shape. No problems or complaints at all so far. Take it in the truck, like a man-purse. Holds enough stuff, including a full size Colt .45 ACP and ammo, less food, for about 3 days. Have one for each vehicle. Check around, I got mine for about $ 28.00.

Had a simular Maxpedition and it was good as well. Cost about 4 time as much.

Several colors and camo patterns. Good luck.

Dave

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
One of the members sells packs. Talk to him about what yer lookin for.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=175207
That's your winner. Note that an alice pack does not have pals webbing for molle gear, but you can put molle stuff onto alice attach points-which this pack has plenty.

An upgrade would be to replace the compression straps hardware with quick release buckles. Trust me on this one, but don't change the hardware location.

Do yourself a favor and replace any alice clips you have with Tactical Tailor's Malice clips, or Maxpedition Tac-Ties.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check out the Molle packs on Ebay. I just picked a new Riflemans pack, with 2 sustainment pouches and frame for $42, and that included the shipping.

·
Rock'em Sock'em Glock'em
608 Posts
I like the look and what I have read about the Hellcat, good price too. We always seem to find packs at the swap meets and Mil-surplus, also lots on line.
On another note is Cheap and BOB don't really go well together, but money is tight. So get the best bag you can afford to keep all your stuff together and not spread down the trail to your BOL like bread crumbs! I want all my stuff, clothes, food and ammo to make it where I am going.

·
I come in peace..
1,296 Posts
I got a large jansport backpack that Ill be using as my hiking/ camping/ and BOB. If that doesnt work out Ill have to get a pack sole purpose BOB.

But

I spent $60 on this pack used off craigslist.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Try this:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

I have 3 of them. I carried a 60lb load when i went on a 4 day backpacking trip. The quality is as good as a maxpedition. I wouldn't have purchased a maxpedition if i had seen this first. You won't be disappointed.

Features
Dual compression straps
Exterior straps to hold MOLLE compatible gear
Removable 2" waist strap
Main compartment has interior organization system
19" tall X 13" wide X 12" thick at bottom and 9" at the top
2590 cubic inches
Made to carry heavy loads

+1

Just got one of these in a while back. Love it. It's now my GHB in the truck box.

The quality is excellent, straps and back padding is pretty good - and it's very durable from what I can see.

Plan to order a few more.

And I prefer "high-value" ..."cheap" is the kind of stuff you find at Walmart. (heaven forbid)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts