Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
defend against tyranny
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where to get cheap .308 ammo for under 50 or so cents a round? just need some cheap ammo to shoot and store, not for hunting.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I have been buying German Surplus FMJ "Blister Pack" 7.62 x 51 at gunshows. 200 rounds, $90.00

Reactions: sachson

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
note, that stuff is corrosive.
And? This is high quality Sellier & Bellot from 1980 - 1983. Nothing wrong with "corrosive" anyway. Shoot, clean your rifle and you are done.

I don't know who has given you negative information about corrosive ammuntion in the past (you brought it up on another post I made yesterday too) but, they have mis led you.

Anyway, the PM was looking for low priced ammuntion and there it is.
Be good.

Al

Reactions: Robot

·
space samurai
455 Posts
i didnt say that you shouldnt shoot it, just that the OP should realize its corrosive so he doesnt buy a case, shoot it, and not clean his gun for a week.

and, i dont believe i commented on corrosive ammo in any other post, but its late and i may be wrong....

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
i didnt say that you shouldnt shoot it, just that the OP should realize its corrosive so he doesnt buy a case, shoot it, and not clean his gun for a week.

and, i dont believe i commented on corrosive ammo in any other post, but its late and i may be wrong....
First, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. It was not you. I am sorry for saying that.:taped:
I can appreciate your concern for the OP but, I figured he would have seen the "berdan primed, corrosive" in the link.
Again stinkybriches, I am sorry.

Al

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
okay for good shooting shtf stuff i use HSM .308 168grain 13 a box shoots really well, for plinking i use the dag ammo, bear, or anyother sportsmansguide stuff

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
And? This is high quality Sellier & Bellot from 1980 - 1983. Nothing wrong with "corrosive" anyway. Shoot, clean your rifle and you are done.

I don't know who has given you negative information about corrosive ammuntion in the past (you brought it up on another post I made yesterday too) but, they have mis led you.

Anyway, the PM was looking for low priced ammuntion and there it is.
Be good.

Al
Bro, you are raising a valuable point. There is NOTHING wrong with corrosive ammo and people need to learn that. The only problem with corrosive ammo is lazy people who don't respect their weapon enough to clean it. Some of the best buys in ammo are corrosive, and many has been the time someone passed up a great deal because they were brainwashed to think corrosive ammo melted the barrel of their gun to dust in 10 shots.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Bro, you are raising a valuable point. There is NOTHING wrong with corrosive ammo and people need to learn that. The only problem with corrosive ammo is lazy people who don't respect their weapon enough to clean it. Some of the best buys in ammo are corrosive, and many has been the time someone passed up a great deal because they were brainwashed to think corrosive ammo melted the barrel of their gun to dust in 10 shots.
I would pass on corrosive ammo.
As much as I hate steel cased russian ammo (for anything but Communist Guns) I would take it over corrosive.

I have personally seen 2 rifles more or less ruined by corrosive ammo.

1 was a beautiful 8mm Yugo Mauser rifle that a friend did not clean after shooting corrosive ammo from. Barrel was rusted to hell.

The 2nd was a High Standard Polish Tantal with original chrome lined barrel. Gas piston was locked in tight to the gas tube from all the rust.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,548 Posts
note, that stuff is corrosive.
Water cleans the corrosive salts out. Follow with a regular cleaning with solvent (which won't remove the salts), oil it up and you're done. It adds a step to the cleaning, but it's no big deal.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Water cleans the corrosive salts out. Follow with a regular cleaning with solvent (which won't remove the salts), oil it up and you're done. It adds a step to the cleaning, but it's no big deal.
I attended a vietnam reenactment doing main force VC using my Vector AK47... Used 1980s corrosive blanks.... Good god, blanks are always dirtier than live ammo... Add in corrosive primers... Good god that thing was covered in rust by the time I got home y'all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts