Survivalist Forum banner

Charge TTi vs. Wave...okay and Surge

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Rutger 
#1 ·
Okay so I have very little knowledge about blade materials. I will be getting a leather man soon and I have some questions and comments.

The Charge TTi has a S30V® Stainless Steel Clip-point Knife vs. the
Wave's 420HC Clip-point Knife. What is the difference in these blades?

I am totally bummed that only the Surge has an awl/thread loop because I find this a very useful tool. I don't really want to go with the 4.5 in. Surge. The other two are 4.0 in. It is also heavier.

The wave and the charge are the same size and weight. The difference seams to be that the Charge has a wire crimper and more bits. Not a huge difference for me. But if the quality of the blade is better that would make a difference. So can ya help me?!?

Oops. I was wrong. The charge is a bit lighter and has removable pocket clip. Those are both a bonus. Hmmmm Now I need to check the price difference. I am thinking the Charge is going to be a weeeee bit more??????

#3 ·
...Oops. I was wrong. The charge is a bit lighter and has removable pocket clip. Those are both a bonus. Hmmmm Now I need to check the price difference. I am thinking the Charge is going to be a weeeee bit more??????
The "pocket clip" is an option on the Wave. It costs about $10... I have the Wave with the pocket clip and "it's handy as a pocket on a shirt".

The Surge is one big chunk of iron... Very nice to have around, but more than I want/need in my pocket every day...

Allan

#4 ·
I have a Charge and I really like it. It has taken a fair amount of abuse and has held up very well. As for the clip it seemed flimsy and I wouldn’t trust it at all. I put it back in the box and doubt it will ever come out again. As for weight I wear mine every day and don’t even notice it being there.

#6 ·
I have a charge TTI. I like it. Its lighter due to the titanium handle. The S30V is supposed to be the next hottest thing in edge holding, harder stainless steel. Apparently needs less sharpening and can hold more of an edge angle. Mine works great, but I don't use it for a knife as much as I use my actual knife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.