Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getting there....
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at one to replace my Saiga .308. Why? Magazine cost; Saiga mags are $30+ and made of plastic.

Any first hand experience with the CETME?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Dont buy a Century Arms .

Save some bucks up and get a PTR 91 or look into a FAL .

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dont buy a Century Arms .

Save some bucks up and get a PTR 91 or look into a FAL .
I second that, I have a PTR-91 and it is very high quality and you can get them in a few different configurations. The Cetmes have had issues and they do not take the same 91/G3 mags that are cheap and plentiful. For a couple hundred more you will have a high quality and NEW gun with NO issues. I think the price of the Cetmes is too high for what they are right now.

The DSA FAL's are sweet too and mags are pretty cheap as well with tons of parts available. I have shot my friends and it is nice to shoot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
CETMEs are a mixed bag- Some Century Arms are good (they were the early imports, and made with alot of military parts)- some could be accurate.

The later ones were loud, rather inaccurate and cheap.

Advantages-

cheap- a semi-auto .308 for the price is hard to find, mags are usually easy to acquire. Reliable- The are also fairly reliable, and can eat any ammunition. The system is similar to that on the MP5 series of SMGs.
fun- pumping mag after mag of .308 is enjoyable, loud and great for suppressing zombies.

Disadvantages-
DIRTY- cleaning one is a pain the A**, at least for me. The gas mechanism will work with dirty ammo- but cleaning it takes a long time (especially those rollers on the bolt)-
Inaccurate- mine is all over the page, or worse.

Just some ideas

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I got one. its okay but its a pain to clean,likes to jamb and loves to screw up brass.I bought and M1A and put the cetme in the back of the closet.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
ive heard to many horror stories about cetmes, i wouldnt take a chance on getting and bad one. its really hit and miss on getting a good one.

get a PTR 91 / FAL ,or just buy the saiga mags you need :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts